Whiskey Thread (2 Viewers)

1K SPORT

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
yeah since they only dole out maybe 10 bottles in Louisiana. Half of em are gifted by liquor reps, the other 5 go to retail.
It's hard to get everywhere. There is a store here in town that has everything you would want... If you are willing to pay more than second hand for it.

He has a George T Stagg that he wants $750 for. GTS is changing hands around $400-450 now. I offered him $450 (it was for my Brother's 50th. I hate the secondary market) and he wouldn't budge. Pretty sure he has been holding onto that same bottle for a couple of years now. He wants $2300 for the Pappy 23 last time I asked.

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A friend gave me a bottle of Johnny Walker Double Black as a going away gift. I'm not a big fan of Johnny Walker. It's not that I dislike it, but I just didn't see the big deal much like Crown, Glenfiddich, etc. Long story short, I am in love with the smokey nose of this stuff. I have been drinking it for a couple weeks now and I'm not tired of it at all.
I’m in the same boat as you. The Smokey hint is awesome.

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
It's hard to get everywhere. There is a store here in town that has everything you would want... If you are willing to pay more than second hand for it.

He has a George T Stagg that he wants $750 for. GTS is changing hands around $400-450 now. I offered him $450 (it was for my Brother's 50th. I hate the secondary market) and he wouldn't budge. Pretty sure he has been holding onto that same bottle for a couple of years now. He wants $2300 for the Pappy 23 last time I asked.
I refuse to buy anything from people like that. Good booze is meant to be shared, not hoarded.

Yatman

threadkiller
Reaction score
Spoke with folks at Buffalo Trace a couple years ago when Elmer T. Lee started drying up. Apparently, even BT employees can't get any directly.

Looking forward to the bourbon fad passing. ETL price has skyrocketed, if it can even be found. :mad1::poop:

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Geez, I didn't realize just how lucky I was to win. If I ever win again. I'm keeping the next bottle for myself.
My buddy who got the 15, recieved from liquor rep who flat out told him "you tell where u got, I lose my job".

Its crazy how hard to get. But I get it, you can only age so much for 15-23 years.

I mean we drank something that started its journey in 2003. Shoot man I just had first child that year lol crazy.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, I just got my phone powered back up after the battery died. Your text didn't come through. Go ahead and send the directions again. I'll bring the Redbreast 18.
You're a year late, but I did just get 2 bottles of the boss hog Samurai. It's actually quite good although I had no freaking idea how much it was going to cost when I ordered it. At least I have one for now and one for later.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I just got my phone powered back up after the battery died. Your text didn't come through. Go ahead and send the directions again. I'll bring the Redbreast 18.
i love redbreast 12, but 15 and 18 are too oily (silky maybe?) for me.

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
i love redbreast 12, but 15 and 18 are too oily (silky maybe?) for me.
You know what, I actually don't know which one I have. I think it's the 15, buy whichever one it is it's still in PHX. I did find a local spot with a couple bottles of Blanton's behind the bar. They refused to sell me the bottle, so I will consume it slowly.

OP
OP
Dago

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
You know what, I actually don't know which one I have. I think it's the 15, buy whichever one it is it's still in PHX. I did find a local spot with a couple bottles of Blanton's behind the bar. They refused to sell me the bottle, so I will consume it slowly.
First time i ever bought Blantons was strictly because the bottle reminded me of the holy hand grenade of Antioch

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
we will be sharing this again this year....just inimagejpeg_0(1).jpg
I just want to try it once.

It's funny this thread got bumped because I was craving Bourbon this week, but haven't been home much in order to sit down with a glass. I was on a beer kick for a while, but winter beers are not my favorite. I think I might run out for lunch and see if Rouses still has a bottle of Eagle Rare... but I can't remember which store I saw it at.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
oh yes. the best age.
agreed. had the 21 and 23 - and while really good ( almost evaporates in mouth ) the 15 has, for me, a good honey note.
You're a year late, but I did just get 2 bottles of the boss hog Samurai. It's actually quite good although I had no freaking idea how much it was going to cost when I ordered it. At least I have one for now and one for later.
so funny....i have a client that was in my office just yesterday.

Just returned from Vegas as his good friend owns a distribution company, paid $50k to be at this Cigar/Whiskey convention. ( he went to help set up/take down - whole trip paid for ) HE said he spent 4 days sipping some of the best whiskey, smoking some of the best cigars ( Came in 2nd in the rolling contest lol )

so he said i needed to get a bottle of......Whistle Pig Samauri.

i hadnt even looked it up til i read your post.

DAYUUM...is it worth it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom