Whiskey Thread (1 Viewer)

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
Reaction score
you try the Angels Envy Rye finished in rum casks? Heaven in a bottle

i still have a full bottle of Basil Hayden Rye

im not a big fan of rye whiskey. Maybe since my only veering off was Basil Hayden rye, but i didnt find it all that tasty, or im simply that spoiled on regular mash whiskey. idk. I may give it a shot.

efil4stnias

Reaction score
Looks like the Pappy stuff has finally arrived in Florida. I get a 10 and a 15 this year. Hoped for a 23, but oh well.
Pappy or Van Winkle.

The 12 year Van Winkle was exceptional. The 15 Pappy was pretty strong in the glass. Strong hint of "wood" to me. Still well beyond anything i drink on the regular. Both were quite enjoyable and we polished off the 12 year between 4 guys.
Neat.

Enjoy!!!!!

OP
Dago

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
i still have a full bottle of Basil Hayden Rye

im not a big fan of rye whiskey. Maybe since my only veering off was Basil Hayden rye, but i didnt find it all that tasty, or im simply that spoiled on regular mash whiskey. idk. I may give it a shot.
that rum finish doe

maybe its just me with that....I know I posted the Balvennie Caribbean Cask earlier in the thread

on the reverse side, Ron Zacapa XO (Ron Zacapa Solara 23 rum extra aged in cognac casks)...

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pappy or Van Winkle.

The 12 year Van Winkle was exceptional. The 15 Pappy was pretty strong in the glass. Strong hint of "wood" to me. Still well beyond anything i drink on the regular. Both were quite enjoyable and we polished off the 12 year between 4 guys.
Neat.

Enjoy!!!!!
As far as I now they're the same thing.

Pappy is only printed on the older ones. Maybe just 15, 20 and 23.

The 10 and 12 and Rye just have "old rip vw" on it, as I recall.

Of all of them, the 20 I think is the one I like the best, but had it maybe 3 times. I seem to recall the 23 being hot as hell. The 15 is the best as far as I'm concerned so glad I got it and at $120 or so, it's the deal!

efil4stnias

Reaction score
Yeah it's the ages that distinguish the "name" for bottling.
Enjoy both because it's a definite great bourbon.

PS gotta be something with contractors and bourbon... Yall be gettin all the good stuff lol

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
Anyone try Legent? Got some today and its pretty good for under $35.
Hmmm... Kentucky bourbon with Japanese blending? Adding to my list and it's in stock at Total Wine.

I'm about to crack open a sample of Balcone Baby Blue.

MLU

Reaction score
Anyone try Legent? Got some today and its pretty good for under $35.
Grabbed a bottle and just cracked it open. I got a nice whiff of sherry or wine in the nose of it. It has a pretty nice finish for something that's 94 proof. For only $35, it's a great bang for the buck.

Nice call, sir.

MLU

Reaction score
If you're a stranger to Clyde May's bourbon (and you absolutely have no reason to be) then you're really going to like Clyde May's small batch. It's got plenty of fuel at 92 proof, but a more complex flavor that's nice, long and sweet with the hint of apple that is common with their brand. It's the best thing to come from Alabama since the Shakes.

Attachments

Last edited:

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
Of you're a stranger to Clyde May's bourbon (and you absolutely have no reason to be) then you're really going to like Clyde May's small batch. It's got plenty of fuel at 92 proof, but a more complex flavor that's nice, long and sweet with the hint of apple that is common with their brand. It's the best thing to come from Alabama since the Shakes.
Ooooo sounds delightful. I'll have to check it out.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If you're a stranger to Clyde May's bourbon (and you absolutely have no reason to be) then you're really going to like Clyde May's small batch. It's got plenty of fuel at 92 proof, but a more complex flavor that's nice, long and sweet with the hint of apple that is common with their brand. It's the best thing to come from Alabama since the Shakes.
I just picked this up last week and it's damn good. I got the apple, but couldn't name it until you said it. I thought it was interesting that there was something useful coming from Alabama so I bought it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)