Whiskey Thread (3 Viewers)

i dont see Blade and Bow ..and thats a shame.

Started off drinking Crown Royal and Jim Beam in highschool / college. Can't touch the Beam anymore. Moved onto Makers Mark as an "Adult." Drank Seagrams VO for a while when funds were tight. Like me some Woodford Reserve, especially the Double Oaked.

But my goto whiskey for everyday casual drinking is Elijah Craig Small Batch. It's one of the absolute smoothest Boubon Whiskey's I have ever sipped.
Most places sell it for < $30. It's a steal at that price. Wife bought it for my birthday last year along with a couple of other bottles I hadn't tried yet, and it changed my life.

Now, if you want pure heaven in a bottle and don't mind forking out a little more coin, the Elijah Craig "Barrel Proof" is released 3x's a year. Can be purchased for anywhere from ~$65-$120 depending on Store and how that particular batch release is received. I have purchased multiple bottles each time a batch is released because they usually don't last on the shelves long. If you happen to find a bottle, treat yourself and buy it. You can thank me later.

Ever try Knob Creek Cask Strength? Really good neat or with a piece of ice. It can hold up to the ice since it is 120 proof.
I also like to get it in an old fashioned since the whiskey doesnt get washed out
I haven't tried cask strength. Right now I get a gout attack if I look at a bottle so I'm abstaining. I'm dying to drink a glass of ouzo when I get home (I know, not whiskey) but I'm tired of limping.

I have been enjoying a bottle of Redbreast 15 year that I was given for Father's Day. This year I really feel loved. This might be my favorite now. I need to get my hands on the 12 year cask strength next.

I have been enjoying a bottle of Redbreast 15 year that I was given for Father's Day. This year I really feel loved. This might be my favorite now. I need to get my hands on the 12 year cask strength next.

I just opened a bottle of Taylor small batch which I haven't had in about a year. I forget how good it is especially for the price.

I just opened a bottle of Taylor small batch which I haven't had in about a year. I forget how good it is especially for the price.
I just missed the last bottle being sold a couple weeks ago in my local store. I was very disappointed and had to settle for a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch.

I just missed the last bottle being sold a couple weeks ago in my local store. I was very disappointed and had to settle for a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch.
I just gave my son a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch.

I am working on a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel and it's delightful.
ci-four-roses-single-barrel-3e414bae7e27ecb4.jpeg

I saw a couple of bottle of Eagle Rare at Rouses the other day. I hear it's pretty good, I might check it out next if they still have it.

I also always have a bottle of Bulleit Rye handy for Sazaracs, however, my brother polished of my last one but got me a bottle of Sazarac Rye, which isn't bad.

I also always have a bottle of Bulleit

Do you ever have problems with their corks falling apart inside the bottle? The last three I've had, by the time I get near the end it's just sprinkled with cork shards.

Do you ever have problems with their corks falling apart inside the bottle? The last three I've had, by the time I get near the end it's just sprinkled with cork shards.

No I've never had that problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom