Whiskey Thread (3 Viewers)

Good Thread.

My go to right now is E.H. Taylor Small Batch. There's a store down the road that calls me when they come in so I can restock. I also try to keep a bottle of Old Forestor 1908, Prohibition style on hand. 1792 small batch is also an extremely good bourbon that's relatively inexpensive. I keep a bottle of Eagle Rare on hand as well but it always seems a little to syrupy for me.

Side question: There's a place in Austin called Swift's attic that has one of the better bourbon lists I've ever seen. It's an incredible list. Anyway, they specialize in making their own ice which is infused with the flavors of the drink. For example, if you order an Old Fashioned they bring you a glass with an ice cube that's infused with all of the flavors found in an old fashion and pour your bourbon of choice over it. The ice slowly melts and typically lasts for up to three more drinks. It's incredibly good. Ever since I've been there I've been on a quest to make my own infused ice.

Has anyone else tried this and if so do you have any good ice recipes for drinks?

Good Thread.

My go to right now is E.H. Taylor Small Batch. There's a store down the road that calls me when they come in so I can restock. I also try to keep a bottle of Old Forestor 1908, Prohibition style on hand. 1792 small batch is also an extremely good bourbon that's relatively inexpensive. I keep a bottle of Eagle Rare on hand as well but it always seems a little to syrupy for me.

Side question: There's a place in Austin called Swift's attic that has one of the better bourbon lists I've ever seen. It's an incredible list. Anyway, they specialize in making their own ice which is infused with the flavors of the drink. For example, if you order an Old Fashioned they bring you a glass with an ice cube that's infused with all of the flavors found in an old fashion and pour your bourbon of choice over it. The ice slowly melts and typically lasts for up to three more drinks. It's incredibly good. Ever since I've been there I've been on a quest to make my own infused ice.

Has anyone else tried this and if so do you have any good ice recipes for drinks?

if you can find it, try the 1792 Small Batch Full Proof.

I was given a bottle as a gift, havent found it "in stock" since. REally good and at 120 proof, really only need 1 lol

Good Thread.

Never heard of that, but it sounds like a great idea.

Good Thread.

Holy s*** that's brilliant.

Blanton's is delicious. We stopped at 3 bars and all 3 had Blanton's on the shelf. Maybe there is a God after all?

I'm guessing only a couple of the more affluent members have a shot at these, but bon chance.

• Most expensive item: Maker’s Mark Barrel Selection
  • Rarest: T.W. Samuels Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Bottled in Bond, 1942
  • Oldest: Overholt Rye 1909
  • The one you’re going to talk about: Eight bottles of Pappy
  • Best experience: Shark Tagging With Jefferson’s Bourbon

A friend gave me a bottle of Johnny Walker Double Black as a going away gift. I'm not a big fan of Johnny Walker. It's not that I dislike it, but I just didn't see the big deal much like Crown, Glenfiddich, etc. Long story short, I am in love with the smokey nose of this stuff. I have been drinking it for a couple weeks now and I'm not tired of it at all.

A friend gave me a bottle of Johnny Walker Double Black as a going away gift. I'm not a big fan of Johnny Walker. It's not that I dislike it, but I just didn't see the big deal much like Crown, Glenfiddich, etc. Long story short, I am in love with the smokey nose of this stuff. I have been drinking it for a couple weeks now and I'm not tired of it at all.
Also, I drove by a grand opening a new liquor store last week. I didn't have time to stop, but I came in a couple days later. Turns out they had 6 bottles of Blanton's on opening day, the last of which sold a few minutes before closing. I'll never pass up another liquor store grand opening ever again.

Did I miss someone mentioning Pappy Van Winkle? I'm not an enthusiast by a long stretch but a friend of mine asked me to enter a lottery for the right to buy a bottle of the Pappy Van Winkle 15 year. I ended up winning. Soon as I delivered it to him, he popped it open so we could try it. Safe to say it was wasted on me. It tasted good but am I missing something? For the price, I was kinda let down. Is Pappy good brand or just a name brand?

Did I miss someone mentioning Pappy Van Winkle? I'm not an enthusiast by a long stretch but a friend of mine asked me to enter a lottery for the right to buy a bottle of the Pappy Van Winkle 15 year. I ended up winning. Soon as I delivered it to him, he popped it open so we could try it. Safe to say it was wasted on me. It tasted good but am I missing something? For the price, I was kinda let down. Is Pappy good brand or just a name brand?
It's good, but not worth the hype.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom