Whiskey Thread (2 Viewers)

Sorry, I just got my phone powered back up after the battery died. Your text didn't come through. Go ahead and send the directions again. I'll bring the Redbreast 18.
i love redbreast 12, but 15 and 18 are too oily (silky maybe?) for me.

i love redbreast 12, but 15 and 18 are too oily (silky maybe?) for me.
You know what, I actually don't know which one I have. I think it's the 15, buy whichever one it is it's still in PHX. I did find a local spot with a couple bottles of Blanton's behind the bar. They refused to sell me the bottle, so I will consume it slowly.

You know what, I actually don't know which one I have. I think it's the 15, buy whichever one it is it's still in PHX. I did find a local spot with a couple bottles of Blanton's behind the bar. They refused to sell me the bottle, so I will consume it slowly.

First time i ever bought Blantons was strictly because the bottle reminded me of the holy hand grenade of Antioch

we will be sharing this again this year....just inimagejpeg_0(1).jpg

I just want to try it once.

It's funny this thread got bumped because I was craving Bourbon this week, but haven't been home much in order to sit down with a glass. I was on a beer kick for a while, but winter beers are not my favorite. I think I might run out for lunch and see if Rouses still has a bottle of Eagle Rare... but I can't remember which store I saw it at.

oh yes. the best age.

agreed. had the 21 and 23 - and while really good ( almost evaporates in mouth ) the 15 has, for me, a good honey note.
You're a year late, but I did just get 2 bottles of the boss hog Samurai. It's actually quite good although I had no freaking idea how much it was going to cost when I ordered it. At least I have one for now and one for later.

so funny....i have a client that was in my office just yesterday.

Just returned from Vegas as his good friend owns a distribution company, paid $50k to be at this Cigar/Whiskey convention. ( he went to help set up/take down - whole trip paid for ) HE said he spent 4 days sipping some of the best whiskey, smoking some of the best cigars ( Came in 2nd in the rolling contest lol )

so he said i needed to get a bottle of......Whistle Pig Samauri.

i hadnt even looked it up til i read your post.

DAYUUM...is it worth it?

I just want to try it once.

It's funny this thread got bumped because I was craving Bourbon this week, but haven't been home much in order to sit down with a glass. I was on a beer kick for a while, but winter beers are not my favorite. I think I might run out for lunch and see if Rouses still has a bottle of Eagle Rare... but I can't remember which store I saw it at.
I recall when Eagle Rare was $19 for a bottle. It was easily the best bourbon for the buck then. Good pour still, but funny how it's increased in price despite being the same product.

agreed. had the 21 and 23 - and while really good ( almost evaporates in mouth ) the 15 has, for me, a good honey note.

so funny....i have a client that was in my office just yesterday.

Just returned from Vegas as his good friend owns a distribution company, paid $50k to be at this Cigar/Whiskey convention. ( he went to help set up/take down - whole trip paid for ) HE said he spent 4 days sipping some of the best whiskey, smoking some of the best cigars ( Came in 2nd in the rolling contest lol )

so he said i needed to get a bottle of......Whistle Pig Samauri.

i hadnt even looked it up til i read your post.

DAYUUM...is it worth it?

I just built a private club here that we get cost plus 10% for original members which kept it from being full retail, but it was asinine. I figured 150. It was 3+ times that, but it is good. Worth it - no. Nothing is, but it's as good as the Stagg I have or the Pappys. It's different, but quite good. For my money Col Taylor is fine.

I recall when Eagle Rare was $19 for a bottle. It was easily the best bourbon for the buck then. Good pour still, but funny how it's increased in price despite being the same product.

I still see it for $20 occasionally. Same thing happened with Four Roses Small Batch. Used to be in the low $20s and now its at $30

Found a bottle of Whistlepig Boss Hawg at a new liquor store during their grand opening. I laughed when the guy behind the counter told me he wanted $700 for it. He was charging $300 for a bottle a Woodford Reserve Master's Collection. Dude is trying to make all his money back on opening day I guess?

I'll be sipping Johnny Walker Double Black after the victory tonight...

Its almost like when demand goes up for something, the price goes up.

Not sure how he pulls this off... But he just texted me this for tonite.

Attachments

• IMG_0198(1).jpg
    IMG_0198(1).jpg
    503.2 KB · Views: 12

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom