Whiskey Thread (1 Viewer)

You one of these guys? I just watched this a couple of days ago.

Ha ha. My beard is not as glorious as these guys. But I concur with their assessment. This shirt is fantastic. And my buddy gets the employee discount at their distillery.

1610118062277.png
This stuff is delicious and the right amount of proof. Winter wheat!
I have yet to crack open my bottle, but I have heard nothing but good things.

I'm keeping my eye open for a bottle of Alberta Premium Cask Strength Rye now...

I have yet to crack open my bottle, but I have heard nothing but good things.

I'm keeping my eye open for a bottle of Alberta Premium Cask Strength Rye now...
This this is full of vanilla with the smoothness of wheat and a hard kick in the pants due to high alcohol content.
I recommend letting it air out a little or get some air in the bottle ......then the magic happens ;)

This this is full of vanilla with the smoothness of wheat and a hard kick in the pants due to high alcohol content.
I recommend letting it air out a little or get some air in the bottle ......then the magic happens ;)

Great late Christmas present for me today!

Got a bottle of Kentucky Owl 10yr bourbon from an old client and friend.

I happened to drop into a Spec's on the way home after running some errands to see if they had anything interesting and I stumble across a bottle of Doc Swinson's 15 year that they had sitting in the back. I passed on the bottle of Little Book as I hear it's not worth the $$$ this year. I did opt for a bottle of Pursuit United from the guys over at the Bourbon Pursuit podcast. I'll crack one of them open tonight and let you guys know how it goes.

I happened to drop into a Spec's on the way home after running some errands to see if they had anything interesting and I stumble across a bottle of Doc Swinson's 15 year that they had sitting in the back. I passed on the bottle of Little Book as I hear it's not worth the $$$ this year. I did opt for a bottle of Pursuit United from the guys over at the Bourbon Pursuit podcast. I'll crack one of them open tonight and let you guys know how it goes.

I cracked open the Pursuit United finally. My palate isn't refined enough to seriously start talking about stone fruits and leather, but I will share what I think if you will keep that in mind.

Nose: Caramel and vanilla, but not as strong like I expected it to be. There is a bit of a sting from the proof, but not a ton. Just enough to make to pull the glass back a little.

Taste: Sweeter than I expected from the nose, but good with some vanilla. Again, some heat from the proof but nothing that overpowering or would turn you away.

Finish: It didn't linger for very long, but I got some nuttiness and the sweetness again.

It's a good, solid bourbon with good whiskey flavor. I think it's priced $15 high, but if you want to support the Pursuit guys then you at least know where the money goes. If I had $60 to burn, I'd rather grab another bottle of WT BP Rye. At least the Pursuit bottle will make a good Infinity Bottle if you need one.

Also, the same store had a bottle of Booker's Pigskin available yesterday that I grabbed. I snagged a bottle of Cooper and Thief Red Blend, too that was left over from Christmas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom