Whiskey Thread (4 Viewers)

I grabbed the last bottles of these beauties today. Still have plenty of Zapps on the shelf, though.

PXL_20210210_174847756_50.jpg

That Henry McKenna Bottled in Bond is really good stuff. High proof but with no alcohol bite at all. It's the one Bourbon that my wife can drink neat with no issues at all. The sad thing is that a few years ago it was selling for $20 to $25 per bottle. Now it's apparently selling for around $60 and really hard to find.

So my wife got me Glenlivet 14 Cognac Cask Edition Scotch and 1792 Small Batch bourbon as a welcome home gift. I love the Glenlivet and I've never had the 1792 before, but I like it as well.

Anyone who wants to try Irish whiskey, I'd echo others here who said Redbreast 12. I'd also recommend Jameson Black Barrel.

Anyone try Hellcat Maggie? Don’t know if it’s good or bad; it’s my only experience with Irish

I grabbed the last bottles of these beauties today. Still have plenty of Zapps on the shelf, though.

PXL_20210210_174847756_50.jpg
I haven't seen a Col in the wild in more than a year. I am nursing the hell out of my only bottle.

That Henry McKenna Bottled in Bond is really good stuff. High proof but with no alcohol bite at all. It's the one Bourbon that my wife can drink neat with no issues at all. The sad thing is that a few years ago it was selling for $20 to $25 per bottle. Now it's apparently selling for around $60 and really hard to find.
Yep, it won some award and everybody started buying it. It was always on the shelf before that. MSRP is now $40, but you know what happens when bourbon is praised.

I think the mckenna was $30. I saw it for sale in another store for $249. The manager asked me if I was interested and laughed at the guy.

Loudly.

I have a bottle of the EHT Small Batch already. The Single Barrel I bought today I have been looking for awhile now.

I think the mckenna was $30. I saw it for sale in another store for $249. The manager asked me if I was interested and laughed at the guy.

Loudly.

Yeah, I'm not sure much is $250 good. I used to get it at Dorignacs in Metairie (grocery store with a good liquor selection and good prices) and it was usually on sale for I think $25. They were even giving out samples of it to entice people to buy it. I can't recall how much it was there the last time I saw it, but I recall being shocked by the price increase.

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
I need that single barrell. anything you might want to trade?

Went ahead and bought another handle of Weller Special Reserve for the cold front coming through. On the way to the register, the guy at Specs hands me a bottle of The Whistler Whisky Cream. Looks like I'm covered for creamer in the AM and whiskey for the rest of the day now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom