Whiskey Thread (3 Viewers)

When I was there 2 weeks ago, they were sampling coffee-flavored Jameson (which was gross) and some sort of satsuma rum (which wasn't too bad).
the coffee jameson is terrible.

Yep. And it specifically kills COVID. It's an outrage that must not be allowed to stand. I mean, I have a medical condition that requires me to get free whiskey samples on weekends.

Regular 80 proof is not recommended for killing Covid. You really need at least 120 proof.

When I was there 2 weeks ago, they were sampling coffee-flavored Jameson (which was gross) and some sort of satsuma rum (which wasn't too bad).

The Bayou Satsuma Rum is my Mom's favorite drink. I've had it a few times and it's pretty tasty

ci-bayou-satsuma-rum-9dca508a931c7f60.jpeg

Hmmm. Maybe it's back. I've been going in the afternoon recently and I used to go in the morning. So maybe they do more in the morning.

Yeah, they generally have good prices. Although sometimes specific things will be too high. But, it's random and they usually have good sales. Their selection is really good for a grocery store too. They don't tend to have the really rare stuff but they have a lot of stuff you don't see most places. For instance, they carry whiskey from a Texas distillery called Balcones. I've only seen their stuff one other place (Acquistapace Liquor and Wine in Mandeville). They are doing some interesting stuff.
If you like interesting whiskey, Balcone Lineage is a good choice. It's a tasty single malt bottled at 94 proof. I see it on the shelves here all the time. I feel it's lost in the dozen other Balcone flavors sitting on the shelf.

Was moseying around Total Wine and saw this. They have a ton of minis and luckily had this so I didn't have to invest the whole 20 bucks. I've been on a flavor kick lately and also picked up a Seagram's watermelon flavored vodka. I've put myself on a moratorium of whiskey until I can get Angel's Envy which Total Wine insists on staying bereft of.

Was moseying around Total Wine and saw this. They have a ton of minis and luckily had this so I didn't have to invest the whole 20 bucks. I've been on a flavor kick lately and also picked up a Seagram's watermelon flavored vodka. I've put myself on a moratorium of whiskey until I can get Angel's Envy which Total Wine insists on staying bereft of.

Martin's had Angels Envy last week when I was there. I want to say Rouses (on Power) had it too.

You ever try Balvinie Double Wood or Caribbean Cask?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom