Whiskey Thread (2 Viewers)

Picked up a bottle of Angel Envy yesterday, gonna try it tonight.
My wife absolutely loves their rye. It's aged in rum casks and its pretty fantastic.

I did a little hunting yesterday after picking up some chatter and was rewarded. I honestly still can't believe I snagged this in the wild yesterday for SRP (along with a Blood Oath #7).

Attachments

• PXL_20210507_175635322.jpg
    PXL_20210507_175635322.jpg
    641.7 KB · Views: 12
My wife absolutely loves their rye. It's aged in rum casks and its pretty fantastic.
I keep eyeing the rye and I never get it.

I would never, but I know it smells fantastic. It's actually whiskey-infused cherry liqueur and not cherry-infused whiskey. I would be concerned that it tastes like medicine, however. Probably best suited to mix with coke, although it might make for an interesting Manhattan.
I'm hoping to find one of those mini bottles to give it a try without committing to a full bottle.

Picked up a bottle of Angel Envy yesterday, gonna try it tonight.
NO complaints here, but I didn’t realize ‘tonight’ officially starts at 10am..

She’s a 4th grade teacher and it’s getting towards the end of the Covid debacle year.. the rather generous interpretation of the start time of ‘tonight’ is completely understandable.

But this sudden enlightenment also really helps explain the full definition and meaning of “not tonight”... it’s starting to make sense now..

So I've got a decent start to my infinity bottle. It's pretty delicious thus far.

Here's the rundown as of now.

March 7, 2021
Elijah Craig Small Batch 1.5oz
Evan Williams Single Barrel 1.3oz 2012
Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve 10yr 1.5oz

March 8, 2021
Eagle Rare 10yr 1.5oz
Henry Mckenna 10yr 1.5oz

March 10, 2021
Eagle Rare 10 1.5oz

March 11, 2021
Barrell Dovetail 1.5oz

March 16, 2021
Wilderness Trail single barrel bourbon festival selection. 5 yr 7months. 1.5oz

March 19, 2021
Weller 12 year. 1.5oz
Wild Turkey Russell Reserve single barrel mwc select 1.5oz

April 20, 2021
Russell reserve 10 year 1.5oz
Barrell Dovetail 1oz

I honestly still can't believe I snagged this in the wild yesterday
my fave, and unpossible to find around here

spoke to someone at bt who said even he can't get it

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
Liquor store guy recommended 1876 Texas whiskey.
That's a no from me dawg.

Not terrible, but won't ever get it again.

Basil Hayden and Eagle Rare are 2 I have.
Yes, but do you enjoy them? Lol

You will probably enjoy finished whiskeys. Angel's Envy Rye is a great choice if you don't mind spending $90. Belle Meade Madeira Cask Finish is a great choice too at $70. It's high proof, so you might want to try it over ice which also will sweeten the whiskey. Chattanooga makes a port finished bourbon that is also very good, but is somewhat limited although it's a bargain at $45. Regular stuff that leans sweet and is widely available that you might like to try is Maker's 46 and Larceny, both wheated bourbons.

I have not yet tried Westward Pinot Noir Cask Strength, but as soon as I find it I will.

Last edited:
Basil Hayden and Eagle Rare are 2 I have.
I love Eagle Rare, but I'm not a huge Basil Hayden fan. Sounds like you enjoy the sweeter bourbons. You should try some Old Forester products like 1910, 1920 (not as sweet as 1910), or Rye. Those are all pretty sweet. Also, the Early Times Bottle In Bond I posted earlier is a good, sweet pour and is very affordable. It's become my go to since Eagle Rare is so hard to find. Woodford Reserve Double Oaked is also pretty sweet and smells like syrup and pancakes.

The internet goes crazy over Mellow Corn, but I haven't tried it yet, eventhough I've been tempted to grab a bottle since it's so cheap.

Also, if you like red wine, give this a try. I think it's pretty good:

menage_trois_bourbon_cab_18mv_750.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom