Whiskey Thread (1 Viewer)

I've been in a rut stuck on Four Roses Single Barrel for several weeks. I just like it too much to drink other stuff.

But, the summer heat is making me want to cheat on whisky with some gin cocktails.
Four Roses Single Barrel is very good. I like it a lot. It's the bourbon that got me into wanting to try more bourbons. I'm not too much for Rye, so I also like the Four Roses Yellow Label to make Sazaracs since it's a higher rye mashbill than other bourbons.

However, I've really been into high proof bourbons lately, so I haven't replaced my last bottle of Four Roses SiB I killed. I'm trying to find a bottle of Stagg Jr, with not much luck. I also want to find a Smoke Wagon Uncut Unfiltered.

Got a bottle of Compass Box Spice Tree tonight. Normally, I am not a fan of blends but I really like this one

Smooth with a BIG round malty flavor with fruit and honey. On the finish, it's woody, nutty, some cinnamon

Good stuff

If you have never had New Riff, https://tasteselectrepeat.com/ has a barrel pick of the bourbon and another of the rye for $62 each. I ordered one of each ad with tax shipping, etc. it came to $134.

I have ordered an Old Forester SiB from them recently that was very good.

This is excellent. Take that normal briney, smoky flavor of Lagavulin and add some very subtle caramel and chocolate flavor

This is excellent. Take that normal briney, smoky flavor of Lagavulin and add some very subtle caramel and chocolate flavor
I almost bought a bottle. I didn't though because I'm still not quite into the smoky peat flavor. I bet it's good, though.

I missed out on Russell's Reserve 13 yr by a few feet, but I did get a decent tip today. Not pictured is a bottle of Smokewagon UCUF batch 67. It was a wee bit muggy today.

Attachments

• PXL_20210611_195017857~3.jpg
    PXL_20210611_195017857~3.jpg
    958.2 KB · Views: 20
I almost bought a bottle. I didn't though because I'm still not quite into the smoky peat flavor. I bet it's good, though.

I missed out on Russell's Reserve 13 yr by a few feet, but I did get a decent tip today. Not pictured is a bottle of Smokewagon UCUF batch 67. It was a wee bit muggy today.
If it wasn't a special edition, I wouldn't have gotten it. I prefer smoky whiskies when the weather is cold

I like a good peated scotch but some of them have just gotten ridiculous....its all about bragging rights on how peaty they can make it which isn't craftsmanship to me. I feel the same way about some of the IPAs that just try to make the most hoppy, bitter beer they can.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom