Whiskey Thread (5 Viewers)

I ran an errand yesterday in an area of town I never frequent, so on the way home I stopped at a few liquor stores. Most had good bottles at ridiculous secondary prices, but I did find a little neighborhood bottle shop who was willing to negotiate. I probably just bought my own Father's Day present.

Attachments

• PXL_20210616_213857971.jpg
    PXL_20210616_213857971.jpg
    721.9 KB · Views: 32
I ran an errand yesterday in an area of town I never frequent, so on the way home I stopped at a few liquor stores. Most had good bottles at ridiculous secondary prices, but I did find a little neighborhood bottle shop who was willing to negotiate. I probably just bought my own Father's Day present.
Sweet, nice find!

I got into a bottle of Stellum last week and it's pretty good. It's made by Barrel Bourbon, but it's their new standard everyday release. It's runs about $50 where as most Barrel special blends are over $100. I like it a lot. I polished off about half a bottle in a couple days. It reminds me a lot of Old Forrester 1920, but has that MGP toasted marshmallow note that I like so much. The bottle, however, is generic to a fault. It looks more like a wine label than a good bourbon label.

1535810x.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
Terry Bradshaw’s Bought a bottle after a friend had it. Reviews are all over the place but I love it!

Attachments

• 412BD300-2520-49EC-90CB-A217B31C34D1.jpeg
    412BD300-2520-49EC-90CB-A217B31C34D1.jpeg
    10.7 KB · Views: 15
Sweet, nice find!

I got into a bottle of Stellum last week and it's pretty good. It's made by Barrel Bourbon, but it's their new standard everyday release. It's runs about $50 where as most Barrel special blends are over $100. I like it a lot. I polished off about half a bottle in a couple days. It reminds me a lot of Old Forrester 1920, but has that MGP toasted marshmallow note that I like so much. The bottle, however, is generic to a fault. It looks more like a wine label than a good bourbon label.

1535810x.jpg
I've heard nothing but good things, but have not yet gotten around to trying it.

Ran into one I've been hoping to see again for more than a year. When I saw it in the post a few up from this one, it reminded me to ask my club if they had gotten any and sure enough they had.

I may have enjoyed a few last night.

Attachments

• 20210619_175758.jpg
    20210619_175758.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 7
four roses small batch and exhausted watching the women's 800m free

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
Got a bottle of Garrison Brothers Small Batch last night. Changed the brakes on my car today and watched a documentary about the Apollo space program. Before I knew it, almost half the bottle was gone. That stuff is GOOD.

I apologize ahead of time, because it's not whiskey, but my son in law to be bought me this for Fathers Day. By far the best rum I've ever had and better than some bourbons I've had. Only $25 a bottle at Total Wine. It's a total steal.

20210620_204052.jpg

@MLU

The scotch that opened me up to the peaty Islay scotches is Lagavulin Distillers Edition.
It's Lagavulin that is aged an extra 2 years in sherry casks like the sweeter speyside scotches

It's a great marriage of sweet and smoky but it does run right at $100

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom