Whiskey Thread (3 Viewers)

@MLU

The scotch that opened me up to the peaty Islay scotches is Lagavulin Distillers Edition.
It's Lagavulin that is aged an extra 2 years in sherry casks like the sweeter speyside scotches

It's a great marriage of sweet and smoky but it does run right at $100
I'll add it to my list. ;)

My wife gave me a bottle of 2020 Angel's Envy Cask Strength and my daughter gave me a bottle of Glenmorangie Signet. I'll probably crack open the Signet soon.

I apologize ahead of time, because it's not whiskey, but my son in law to be bought me this for Fathers Day. By far the best rum I've ever had and better than some bourbons I've had. Only $25 a bottle at Total Wine. It's a total steal.

20210620_204052.jpg
I haven't had that one....will look for it

My favorite go to rum for sipping neat is Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva (the one in the green bottle). Definitely on the sweeter side but not sickeningly sweet...very smooth. Runs about $30

My absolute favorite is Ron Zacapa 23 Solara (aged 23 years in the Solara method) and it will run $50. Then there is Ron Zacapa XO which is just liquid sunshine going down.

"Zacapa XO is a unique balance of complex aromas and flavors resulting from the exclusive blend of reserve rums. We hand select rums aged between 6 and 25 years in the “Sistema Solera.” Older and younger rums are then blended as they age in a sequence of barrels that previously stored robust American whiskeys, delicate Sherries, fine Pedro Ximénez wines and finished in French oak casks which previously aged Cognac."

Heaven in a bottle. Runs a bit over $100

I apologize ahead of time, because it's not whiskey, but my son in law to be bought me this for Fathers Day. By far the best rum I've ever had and better than some bourbons I've had. Only $25 a bottle at Total Wine. It's a total steal.

20210620_204052.jpg
ANYTHING connected to Foursquare is very good at the least. This bottle turned me into a rum nut a long time ago. If you like this, wait until you get some of their higher-proof stuff!

I'll add it to my list. ;)

My wife gave me a bottle of 2020 Angel's Envy Cask Strength and my daughter gave me a bottle of Glenmorangie Signet. I'll probably crack open the Signet soon.
Angels Envy is good stuff

I haven't had the Signet. Just read the tasting notes and it sounds great.

Do you know if it is a limited one off?

Also, I just tried The Singleton for the first time. Surprisingly good for a budget scotch. It's a 12 year single malt and I got it for $35

Angels Envy is good stuff

I haven't had the Signet. Just read the tasting notes and it sounds great.

Do you know if it is a limited one off?

Also, I just tried The Singleton for the first time. Surprisingly good for a budget scotch. It's a 12 year single malt and I got it for $35
I found reviews for the Signet from 2018, so I'm leaning towards it being a somewhat regular product. The AE Bourbon is just Meh for me, however I have turned into a higher proof guy. I am really looking forward to digging into the Cask Strength. The packaging for the AE is quite nice. The girls either did their homework or talked to William down the street at the local spirits shop. It's tough to buy booze for me without spending secondary money. Hunting it down at SRP has become an art.

I tend to stick to the safety of highland scotch. lol

Keep a lookout for any limited editions from Macallan and buy several bottles.

I just sold 4 bottles of Macallan Edition 1 (bought for $90 each) for $5400. The others in the series aren't worth that much, but the worst I have seen more than doubled in value

The guys who spend big money had their names attached to the bottles of Weller FP. I have mixed feelings about that because on the one hand, it tells me that plenty of other people spend way more money on whiskey than I do. On the other hand, I didn't get called to pick up a bottle of Weller FP. lol

I bought a bottle of Glenlivet 18 yr a couple of weeks ago that was $30 off. Might be one of my favorites yet. Really smooth and good flavor.

I bought a bottle of Glenlivet 18 yr a couple of weeks ago that was $30 off. Might be one of my favorites yet. Really smooth and good flavor.
have you ever tried Glenfiddich 15 year? its a good scotch in the same vein as Glenlivet and I actually find it far better than the Glenfiddich 18 year

The guys who spend big money had their names attached to the bottles of Weller FP. I have mixed feelings about that because on the one hand, it tells me that plenty of other people spend way more money on whiskey than I do. On the other hand, I didn't get called to pick up a bottle of Weller FP. lol

I walked into my favorite store today and they had a 12 with my name on it.

29$

Haven't been following too close because... reasons.

Anyway, picked up a bottle of Elisha Craig a few weeks back. Don't recall what I paid but will be going to buy the rest of their inventory. It's from a small grocery by the house and I can't describe how good it is. Be on the lookout.

PXL_20210626_012238305.jpg

By far the best rum I've ever had and better than some bourbons I've had. Only $25 a bottle at Total Wine. It's a total steal.

20210620_204052.jpg
have you (or anyone else here) tried doorly's xo?

Doorly's XO.jpg

went to t.w. today to get the 12 and punted to the xo

had some tonight and find it outstanding, but no 12 to flight it against

at $20 a no-contest value, put some in your bar (in your glass first)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom