Whiskey Thread (2 Viewers)

have you (or anyone else here) tried doorly's xo?

Doorly's XO.jpg

went to t.w. today to get the 12 and punted to the xo

had some tonight and find it outstanding, but no 12 to flight it against

at $20 a no-contest value, put some in your bar (in your glass first)
It's extremely well-rounded and flavorful.

Haven't been following too close because... reasons.

Anyway, picked up a bottle of Elisha Craig a few weeks back. Don't recall what I paid but will be going to buy the rest of their inventory. It's from a small grocery by the house and I can't describe how good it is. Be on the lookout.

PXL_20210626_012238305.jpg
I have had some very good single barrel store picks of Elijah Craig. Even the standard, public stuff is good, but the store picks usually turn out to be very good. I always grab a couple bottles and have never been disappointed.

Aren't you in the Chicago area? Binny's is a great place for whiskey I hear.

I dont think I posted about it, but I got my first bottle of Weller the other day. It was Weller SR and I was looking for a list of other stuff they didn't have. The clerk said, sorry man, but I did just get in some Weller.
Nothing wrong with SR. I keep a handle at all times for guests. It got us through the Snowpocalypse of 2021. Even people that don't really enjoy whiskey will enjoy a soft, wheated bourbon like Weller SR. It's available at almost all times in the Metroplex.

I dont think I posted about it, but I got my first bottle of Weller the other day. It was Weller SR and I was looking for a list of other stuff they didn't have. The clerk said, sorry man, but I did just get in some Weller.
Never see it in the Chicago area unless it's the "secondary market."

I have had some very good single barrel store picks of Elijah Craig. Even the standard, public stuff is good, but the store picks usually turn out to be very good. I always grab a couple bottles and have never been disappointed.

Aren't you in the Chicago area? Binny's is a great place for whiskey I hear.

Nothing wrong with SR. I keep a handle at all times for guests. It got us through the Snowpocalypse of 2021. Even people that don't really enjoy whiskey will enjoy a soft, wheated bourbon like Weller SR. It's available at almost all times in the Metroplex.
Binny's is a magical place but even they don't have Weller.

Binny's is a magical place but even they don't have Weller.
No one keeps it in stock unless they're charging an exorbitant secondary price. I do know they receive a fairly large allocation regularly. You just gotta be there when it happens or "know a guy".

Of everything in this picture, the Russell's Reserve 13 is my favorite.
Wild Turkey isnt my favorite, so I've been hesitant to try Russell's Reserve and Rare Breed eventhough most people seem to really like them. I'll get a bottle of one of them one day.

Wild Turkey isnt my favorite, so I've been hesitant to try Russell's Reserve and Rare Breed eventhough most people seem to really like them. I'll get a bottle of one of them one day.
I really enjoy Rare Breed Rye, which is barrel strength. It's not overly spicy like most ryes and drinks easy for such high proof. The bourbon is good, but the rye is better IMO. If you see a RR13, buy it. If you don't like it, I'll drive to NOLA and buy it from you. lol

Keep a lookout for any limited editions from Macallan and buy several bottles.

I just sold 4 bottles of Macallan Edition 1 (bought for $90 each) for $5400. The others in the series aren't worth that much, but the worst I have seen more than doubled in value
Looking at six Macallan No. 6 now

Stagg Jr. Batch 16 is supposed to be released any day. I'm really hoping to luck into one this summer, but somehow I doubt it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom