Whiskey Thread (2 Viewers)

Burgers and sausage on the grill and a double Goldrush made with OGD Bonded in my hand...

Happy Birthday, America!

Had my first pour of Booker's tonight at dinner (Frey Smoked Meat Company). It was intensely caramel and wonderful. I was gonna ask what release it was on my way out, but forgot.

Had my first pour of Booker's tonight at dinner (Frey Smoked Meat Company). It was intensely caramel and wonderful. I was gonna ask what release it was on my way out, but forgot.
I love every Booker's and ECBP I find. I can rank them, but they're all good IMO. Some folks complain that Bookers has gotten expensive for 6 year old whiskey. I hope they protest by not buying it anymore so I don't have to hunt as hard for it,

Lol...

I like to point out to scotch snobs that their whisky is usually made in leftover bourbon barrels...

Bulleit or Buffalo Trace for me

One of the reasons I enjoy visiting my brother in law is because he is a whiskey/bourbon/ scotch connoisseur and always has a good selection. Of which I partake most gratefully.

L’chaim!
Cheers!
Salud!
Exactly the same for me. I mean they are both so damn good for the price why change lol. I do tend to lean towards the Bulleit more often but both are great.

I did give the Four Roses small batch a whirl last week and it was pretty good too.

Exactly the same for me. I mean they are both so damn good for the price why change lol. I do tend to lean towards the Bulleit more often but both are great.

I did give the Four Roses small batch a whirl last week and it was pretty good too.
We all just vacationed together and Will picked up a bottle of Four Roses. Said he won't open it until he gets back home in order to keep the riff raff away from it :hihi:

Funny I was just coming in here to post an article that talks about why most scotch is aged in former whiskey casks

It's very cool to see how one influences the other. Typically, bourbon aged past 12 years is garbage. 7-10 is really the sweet spot. Older than that being good is really rare and is usually blended. Scotch on the other hand ages for much longer and I feel that it's because the bulk of the "flavor" in the barrels has already been stripped by bourbon.

I may have mentioned this earlier, but we did a tour at Maker's Mark. During the tour, they mentioned that all of their barrels get shipped to Laphroaig.

Had Stellum Rye this week, WOW! I'm not really a rye guy, but damn is this good. I like it better than the Stellum Bourbon. I also had Rare Breed for the first time. When I had it Tuesday, I didn't care for the finish. It finished dry and funky and turned me off. I had just come back from the beach and I was a little congested. I tried both of these again today and the Stellum Rye was still amazing, but the Rare Breed was much better. The finish was sweet and oaky without the funk. I finally get what the hype is about.

My liquor store guy said he could possibly get me some Russel's Reserve 13 Year, but we shall see.

It's very cool to see how one influences the other. Typically, bourbon aged past 12 years is garbage. 7-10 is really the sweet spot. Older than that being good is really rare and is usually blended. Scotch on the other hand ages for much longer and I feel that it's because the bulk of the "flavor" in the barrels has already been stripped by bourbon.

I may have mentioned this earlier, but we did a tour at Maker's Mark. During the tour, they mentioned that all of their barrels get shipped to Laphroaig.
Nice!

I have seen some reviews that say that longer aging doesn't help peated scotches.

I do know that I like the 15 year Glenfiddich better than the 18 year

And while I really liked the 21 year Balvenie I just couldn't reconcile that I dropped $300 on it

I know I have said this before, but that's just the consequence of having a Jewish mother and an accountant father

Today I reached into the bargain bin out of curiosity. Got a bottle of Naked Grouse blended scotch. If you like sherry bombs it'd pretty good especially for $30 and 44% ABV

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom