White Bumps on Tongue? (1 Viewer)

You been sticking wieners in your mouth??

i heard oscar meyer got a bad case of the Herps, hope you washed them or cooked them throughly first!!

Roast beef should only be on your sandwich. don't lick dirty v

So Friday I had one small white bump on my tongue. It was a slight irritation and it was tender but nothing bad. Today, I have three total where the original bump was and I notice three others in various locations on my tongue that have white bumps. I do not believe they are canker sores as they are pretty small, almost pimple like. They also are hurting more. Anyone experience anything like this before?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transient_lingual_papillitis

I get them all the time. Sometimes they are on the side and can get rather big, sometimes they are right on the tip of my tongue and are teeny tiny. The problem is that I keep rubbing them on my teeth and they just get even more sore.

They aren't canker sores. Canker sores are bigger and usually occur on mucous membranes, i.e. just under the lip or on the inside of the cheek.

I don't know what the official name is but a friend's mom use to call them pips.......

Have you been drinking a lot of orange juice or acidic drinks.....? That's when I get them...usually when I'm on a screwdriver binge...

Put some Tums or Maalox or some type of antacid on them....

Last edited:
Wow, not one person suggested Candida.

Too much dairy intake can cause milk bumps(Candida) on the toungue. There are all forms of Candida so use the ole google search and good luck.

Nope, they are small, white and isolated. Even the cluster of 3 I have are not connected, just very close together. Also in case it's posted it's not thrush, I see thrush a lot in my job and it's not thrush.

Those are your three teeth.

It can also come from acidic foods, have you eaten a lot of citrus? my mom also called them 'lie bumps' they hurt like heck for a couple days but they always go away. if it's not better in a couple days I'd see a doctor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom