White House Discusses Plan To Reopen With Sports Leagues (1 Viewer)

For those that are not healthcare workers or in the know on this it IS affecting younger people. Outside of the obvious ones who die or get really sick, it is now being observed that younger individuals(20's, 30's, and 40's) are going to ER's at an alarmingly high rate relative to the norms seen before Covid-19 for strokes and bleeding problems. This virus is weird so don't believe that just because they're young they'll be okay. That's not true. Scientists and doctors still aren't sure why it's affecting certain individuals and not others. Just an FYI for everyone. The more you know.

Yep...and another point that's getting overlooked is that just because you don't die from it doesn't mean you come out the other side free and clear. There can be life long consequences from being on a vent and being in a bed for an extended amount of time.

I see no reason the NFL won't be playing. It'll be to empty stadiums with piped in noise, but testing before each game will be an easy thing to do by the fall. The risk to people under 40 is nearly nil as well. The key will be having protocols in place if someone does test positive in order to quarantine them and keep them from endangering demographics that are at risk. That shouldn't be hard to manage.

The NFL should really look toward the Atlanta Falcons for this technology. They are really on the cutting edge.

Thanks, I'll be here all week. Tip your waitress.

I see no reason the NFL won't be playing. It'll be to empty stadiums with piped in noise, but testing before each game will be an easy thing to do by the fall. The risk to people under 40 is nearly nil as well. The key will be having protocols in place if someone does test positive in order to quarantine them and keep them from endangering demographics that are at risk. That shouldn't be hard to manage.
The under 40 quote, is a bit short. Under 40 folks can catch the virus just as easy, but their full recovery is much higher, So football players like the Brees’ and Brady’s, are at a slightly higher risk of having a bad result from contracting the virus. But how do you mitigate the potential for the asymptomatic players? They can pass it on, without showing any signs. Every player would need to be fully tested, every week at least! I do not think there is a sure way, to ensure there would not be a sudden outbreak in any given team sport! Tennis and golf should be able to resume more quickly.

We already have millions who have the SARS CoV-2 antigen, and by the time football starts, there will be many times more. As long as we protect the at-risk people until a vaccine comes along, play ball. I think that's what most of the medical community wants anyway. Doctors are hardly at all concerned with young people, and that would include all football players. Except Pappaw Brees, he gets the mask.

The under 40 quote, is a bit short. Under 40 folks can catch the virus just as easy, but their full recovery is much higher, So football players like the Brees’ and Brady’s, are at a slightly higher risk of having a bad result from contracting the virus. But how do you mitigate the potential for the asymptomatic players? They can pass it on, without showing any signs. Every player would need to be fully tested, every week at least! I do not think there is a sure way, to ensure there would not be a sudden outbreak in any given team sport! Tennis and golf should be able to resume more quickly.

Testing before each game is exactly what I said.

They are not concerned about public safety or sports, its about the election.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom