Who’s injury impacts their team the most? (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Word out of Carolina is McCaffery is out for an extended period of time. Throw that in with Jimmy G, Barkley, Bosa, Drew Lock, Sutton, Devante Adams, Tavon Young, Malik Hooker, Brandon Scherff, Mostert, Byron Jones, etc. (the list is long).

So who’s injury impacts their team the most? I think removing Bosa from that 49ers defense seriously downgraded the team.

ozwego15

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
man this has been the year of injuries. lets hope our guys keep safe.

CMC for carolina is going to be detrimental but so will saquon for NYG

CHI-TOWNSAINT

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
^Am I the only one that thinks Barkley is more hype than substance? I know I'm supposed to be really impressed with him, but I'm not when I watch them play. He doesn't jump off the screen to me like the elite runners do.

Trey W.

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
^Am I the only one that thinks Barkley is more hype than substance? I know I'm supposed to be really impressed with him, but I'm not when I watch them play. He doesn't jump off the screen to me like the elite runners do.
Barkley is worth the Hype, the Giants just suck. Daniel Jones is still young and getting better but since Odell left they don’t have a WR that scares any defense. Their TE Engram is probably their best receiving option.

To answer the OP’s question I thing CMC will hurt the most as he was about 75% of their offense.

OP
El Caliente

El Caliente

Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
I like Barkley, having seen him play a few times I can testify that he is worth the hype. The rest of that team has problems, but he ain’t one of them (or wasn’t until he got hurt). Look for them to sign Devonte Freeman to try and replace him.

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Panthers are a bad team with a below average QB who likes to check down. Now their only real weapon is out. They may be gunning for the No. 1 pick.

Niners are going to be hurting too.
Wow I hadn't even thought about that. Hopefully the Panthers have just enough talent to avoid getting the #1 pick. I don't want Trevor Lawrence in the NFC South for the next decade.

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If you’re going long term, it’s the Niners.
Carolina was never expected to compete for the championship or even a playoff spot.
I can see the Niners injuries costing them the West and a home playoff game.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
unequivocally CMC...he is my lead RB in Fantasy. ( of course )

They have no real threats to help TB be comfortable in the pocket.

Granted he only out 4-6 weeks, but i suspect they will be no better than 1-8/2-7 if he returns week 9

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
Carolina was in line for a bad season anyway. This may be one of those blessing in disguise years for them if they get a top draft pick and find their new future franchise QB. Teddy is in that awkward "Tyrod Taylor" stop-gap spot where fans will never adore him (not like our fans did) but they will like him with the mindset that they are always waiting for their REAL future QB.

So from an impact standpoint, CMC is the biggest lost because he was their whole offense basically. BUT, this was a punt year for them so it doesn't really affect the league standings too much.

The big loss was Bosa. He is a monster and I truly believe the 49ers do not go to the Super Bowl without him. Losing him alone hurts, but then you look at the other injuries they have + the division they are in and they will have a much tougher 2020 than they did 2019.

boo-boo

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
If you’re going long term, it’s the Niners.
Carolina was never expected to compete for the championship or even a playoff spot.
I can see the Niners injuries costing them the West and a home playoff game.
Probably going to cost them playoffs all together. They are easily worst team in that division now. Missing way to many players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marquez Callaway says he's 'all good' after injury late in big game, win over Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints LT Terron Armstead suffers arm injury vs. Panthers, questionable to return Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Russell Okung doubtful to return with calf injury Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Janoris Jenkins on Returning From Injury, Playing Fast | Saints vs. Panthers Week 7 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Final Saints vs. Panthers injury report: Michael Thomas ruled out SR News Page Articles 0
Week 7 NFL injury report roundup Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs Panthers final injury report: Emmanuel Sanders, Ken Crawley placed on Covid-19 reserved list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
bladerunner Final injury report Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
Dan in Lafayette Saints vs Panthers Thursday Injury Report, Michael Thomas Did Not Practice SR News Page Articles 0
Saints vs Panthers Thursday injury report: Thomas, Fowler and Easton miss practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Saints WR Michael Thomas headlines the Thursday Injury Report Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Fleur-de-Links, October 22: Recent injury report has star wide receiver limited Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints vs. Panthers injury report: Michael Thomas limited with new injury SR News Page Articles 0
Saints-Panthers Injury Report: Michael Thomas now dealing with hamstring issue Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Michael Thomas limited with hamstring injury in addition to ankle; 4 miss practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas now listed with hamstring injury along with ankle Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs Panthers Wednesday injury report: Michael Thomas dealing with a hamstring Saints RSS News Feeds 0
bladerunner Wednesday‘s Injury report Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 22
Dan in Lafayette Marcus Davenport on Returning from Injury, Saints D-Line Performance through Week 6 SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara Brees leading team on historic pace for 3rd down conversions Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Saint Kamara Only 8 games with a team having a 98% win probability ended up losing in the past 15 seasons Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 32
ndcc Saints Which past (year) Saints defense would make our 2020 team scary good? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
jasonsw Saints This team is all about surviving. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 12
Taker597 Remember when the special team was struggling and Payton hired an assistant coach mid season... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
What has 2020 taught Sean Payton about his Saints team and himself? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB How would you feel if the Saints go 12-4 and have to play a 6-10 or 7-9 NFC East Team in the Playoffs? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 63
Saint Kamara Is Dallas the worst team in the NFL? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 57
Dan in Lafayette Saints mainstays Brees, Jordan, Morstead climbing higher in team record books SR News Page Articles 0
The cost of no Saints fans at games for Louisiana? $15M in lost tax revenue, team officials say Saints RSS News Feeds 0