Who’s making gumbo? (1 Viewer)

whodatsaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
It seems clear this is the game to unleash the gumbo.

Was up at 6 this morning to start making chicken stock. Chicken and andouille gumbo. It will take all day to make. And I may sneak in some shrimp, for extra points. Gives me something to do besides scoring touchdowns in my head.

Note: Took advice below and picked up some lamb for the pot.

Last edited:
You need at least one lamb bone in that stock if you aren't making straight up Lamb Gumbo.

I have never actually made lamb gumbo but I love lamb in all its forms and I imagine a gumbo would be tasty. Makes me want to start the roux but I have to drive to NOLA today. I have an important meeting there tomorrow.

You need at least one lamb bone in that stock if you aren't making straight up Lamb Gumbo.

I have never actually made lamb gumbo but I love lamb in all its forms and I imagine a gumbo would be tasty. Makes me want to start the roux but I have to drive to NOLA today. I have an important meeting there tomorrow.
Leg of lamb for us tomorrow!

I made gumbo yesterday. Chicken, andouille, and shrimp. Gotta sneak in some Kitchen Bouquet to deepen the color. Excellent. I’ll make shrimp po boys on Sunday, as they’re nice an quick. My mind will be... uhhhh... elsewhere that day.

Took your advice. Just picked up some lamb to add to the pot. That ought to pretty much seal the deal.

When ever I make C&S gumbo it is a 2 day event..People make fun but they shut up when they taste it.

Ground beef gumbo as my uncle calls it. Or, more accurately, Meatball Fricasse.

It starts with a roux :shrug:

If I'm busting my butt, gumbo (chicken, andouille, deer sausage, deer and okra) is no less than a 5hr effort from begining to end....Completely from scratch...Eat on it a few days and store the rest for EASY weekday meals after long day's work. I believe just cleared out a few bags from the freezer this week and we maybe out. And so a big ol pot of glorious gumbo may make the agenda....that's if we don't get a wild hair and wind up in the dome tomorrow.

I made gumbo last week and it is indeed a labor of love that takes a while to do properly. In fact, it was this extensive preparation that caused our slow start against the Eagles. I was not done cooking and had set the game to record, so I was late starting things and didn't get to sit down until the beginning of the 2nd. I started the recorded game at the beginning and suffered through the first quarter, but the 2nd quarter started and we began our come-back which coincided with when my Gumbo was ready!

Definitely! When I use andouille, only Richards will do. For a very nice change up, the hickory smoked goodness of smoked Conecuh seeps deep into the broth, while the sausage itself provides spicy morsels of flavor and a bit of heat.

1547913837200.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom