Who’s making gumbo? (1 Viewer)

It seems clear this is the game to unleash the gumbo.

Was up at 6 this morning to start making chicken stock. Chicken and andouille gumbo. It will take all day to make. And I may sneak in some shrimp, for extra points. Gives me something to do besides scoring touchdowns in my head.

Note: Took advice below and picked up some lamb for the pot.
Sounds great, but I'm really craving some jambalaya!

I like Conecuh sausage.
I'm a sausage snob... it's one of the reasons we make our own. 300 lbs a few weeks back. But I've used Conecuh in spaghetti before and it's awesome. Not a fan of it in any other dish or as a stand alone. If you haven't tried it in spaghetti... give it a shot and get back with me. You'll be surprised.

I'm a sausage snob... it's one of the reasons we make our own. 300 lbs a few weeks back. But I've used Conecuh in spaghetti before and it's awesome. Not a fan of it in any other dish or as a stand alone. If you haven't tried it in spaghetti... give it a shot and get back with me. You'll be surprised.

I'm not a sausage savant or anything but I love Conecuh by itself or in beans or mac and cheese. I don't think I've had it in anything else. I'll need to try it in spaghetti.

Got a late start, but it's done and sitting on the garage floor overnight to refrigerate.

First time using Conecuh and it's tasty smoky. Also went with some Kary's roux due to time constraints. Don't hate on the jar.

It seems clear this is the game to unleash the gumbo.

Was up at 6 this morning to start making chicken stock. Chicken and andouille gumbo. It will take all day to make. And I may sneak in some shrimp, for extra points. Gives me something to do besides scoring touchdowns in my head.

Note: Took advice below and picked up some lamb for the pot.
The weather is certainly cooperating even though I make it anytime of the year.

I'm not a sausage savant or anything but I love Conecuh by itself or in beans or mac and cheese. I don't think I've had it in anything else. I'll need to try it in spaghetti.
I usually use andouille or smoked sausage (Double D or Manda) but i nade gumbo for Christmas Day while visiting my Son in Birmingham Alabama. Only sausage I could find was the Conecuh. It didn't disappoint. Its pretty pricey though.

I’ve been prepping
Slow cooked ribs
Meatball puffs
Fried ravioli (invented in St. Louis, not lame Los Angeles)
Stout Beer chili
Fried deviled eggs

My better half just went and got a bunch of halal lamb (sacrifice ritual) and is making a big stew out of it overnight for the game.

Jus finished mine:

Chicken, smoked sausage, andouille sausage, hot sausage, smoked ham, shrimp, boiled crab.

About 2 gallons when its all said n done!

Gotta have good rice too! It ain’t hard at all, but some folks still dunno how to make it! I hate undercooked r overcooked , gummy rice!

C&S most definitely. Cold weather would dictate that. Idiot Ram player comment only guarantees it. Savoie's hot pork sausage. If I run out (closest is Rouses in Slidell) I use "Country Pleasin'" andouille (made in Richland, south of Jackson) and it actually isn't that bad.

I'm a big fan of Country Meat Packers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom