Who’s making gumbo? (1 Viewer)

I haven't had Conecuh sausage yet but have heard good things about it..
Don't downvote me but I have used the Hillshire andouille sausage and it was pretty good. Lots of good spice and it is just consistent. Richards andouille is also very good and consistent. I have stayed with consistency because one time a sausage is good and the next not so good.
I've used Conecuh once for jambalaya when I was out of andouille, it was a good change of pace if you like hickory flavor. I live in Georgia, so luckily, the local store carries Richard's and they periodically discount it to $1.99 to get rid of it when it doesn't sell. Needless to say, I then swoop in to fill the freezer again.

I haven't had Conecuh sausage yet but have heard good things about it..
Don't downvote me but I have used the Hillshire andouille sausage and it was pretty good. Lots of good spice and it is just consistent. Richards andouille is also very good and consistent. I have stayed with consistency because one time a sausage is good and the next not so good.

If you've ever had Popeyes red beans and rice, the sausage in it is either Conecuh or a dead ringer.

I've used Conecuh once for jambalaya when I was out of andouille, it was a good change of pace if you like hickory flavor. I live in Georgia, so luckily, the local store carries Richard's and they periodically discount it to $1.99 to get rid of it when it doesn't sell. Needless to say, I then swoop in to fill the freezer again.
Where you at? There is a Cajun meat market in Roswell. They sell boudin, meats, smoked sausages, D&D, manda...bunch of stuff lol.

I made gumbo last week and it is indeed a labor of love that takes a while to do properly. In fact, it was this extensive preparation that caused our slow start against the Eagles. I was not done cooking and had set the game to record, so I was late starting things and didn't get to sit down until the beginning of the 2nd. I started the recorded game at the beginning and suffered through the first quarter, but the 2nd quarter started and we began our come-back which coincided with when my Gumbo was ready!
You need to get cooking early this week! Haha

C&S gumbo is done. Will be reheated tomorrow for consumption. Asked Marcus Peters and he said he wants nothing to do with it.

I'm making my first ever attempt at making Gumbo tomorrow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom