Who’s On The List Of Saints Waiting For The Hall? (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
With Sam Mills introduction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame next week, the 4th player to do so mainly as a Saint, it’s onto the list of Saints that are in line or potentially could get in.
1. Brees- This is not a debate. He’s a lock. Start planning your trip to Canton because the city will be taken over by Saints fans in August 2025.
2. Jahri Evans- I wouldn’t say he’s a lock, but he’s pretty close. Six trips to the Pro Bowl and a spot on the 2010s All Decades Team should get him in sometime in the 2020s.
3. Sean Payton- I know it’s difficult for coaches to get in, but I think he is one of those coaches. He is one of the definitive coaches of the late 00s/10s next to Reid, Tomlin, and Belechick. That added with 150 plus, nine playoff appearances, nine playoff wins, and a championship, all during a sixteen year span with one team, should get him a spot.
4. Cam Jordan- Another player with a spot on the All Decades team. He should get a spot.

Honorable Mention
1. Michael Thomas- If he bounces back, I think he is on the road to Canton, especially if he wins a championship with the Saints during his career. Currently has 3 Pro Bowls and 2 First Team All Pro. He is currently only about four thousand yards from becoming the Saints all time receiver.
2. Alvin Kamara- If his off the field issues can get solved and he returns to form, he could be on his way. He has made the Pro Bowl every time during his five year career and a two time Second Team All Pro.

Agree with the first three but I just don’t see Cam making it. He’s one of the greatest to play with the Saints but not so sure about HoF

Agree with the first three but I just don’t see Cam making it. He’s one of the greatest to play with the Saints but not so sure about HoF
Just depends on how many more sacks and accolades he can pile up before he calls it a career. Right now he's 27th all-time on the "official" sacks list. Of the 26 players ahead of him: 11 are in the Hall, 10 are eligible and not in yet, 3 are in their 5-year eligibility window, and 2 are still active (Vonn Miller and Chandler Jones).

If he can put up 2 more 10+ sack seasons, he would finish around ~127ish and leapfrog 6 of those that aren't in yet. There's just a bit of a logjam of those ahead of him so hopefully a few of those get cleared out in the next decade.

Another thing that Cam has going for him, is he’s great on tv. He’ll likely get a tv gig as soon as he retires. That shouldn’t matter, but it does. He’ll stay fresh in everyone’s mind, and he’s such a like-able guy. Not saying he’s a lock, but he’ll get more votes for that.

I think Jahri Evans is a lock. Probably not as soon as he is eligible but he will get in. If it wasn’t because of injury, Carl Nicks would have made it as well.

Former players that get in

Brees
Swilling
Evans

Current players that get in

Cam

On the right track but more to do

Payton
Loomis
Ram
MT (does he have enough time to do what he needs to?)

If you're an NFL defensive linebacker, DE and once you surpass the 100 career sack record, depending upon how much longer one plays and how many more sacks he can get, will factor greatly on his HOF credentials. But once you surpass that 100 career sack mark, you sort of become borderline by default. Because for NFL DE's/LB's, reaching 100 sacks is kind of equivalent to NFL QBs surpassing 45,000-50,000 career passing yards.

One has to wonder and maybe its my cynical nature talking here more so than logical reasoning here, but I truly feel that if Brees' hadn't won SB 44 and been named the game's MVP, he couldve thrown for 70-75,000 career passing yards and the NFL, HOF voting committee would still hold that against him as a reason he shouldn't be inducted was because "he could never win the big one".

The reason why I think Cam gets in is because he has become more of a national media darling due to his frank and entertaining interviews. I’ve heard various talking heads refer to him as a future HOFer as of late. Being favored by the media matters.

If Cam has another two double digit sack seasons in addition to continuing his all around play ability, he’ll make it for sure. He’ll also be more seen as the face of this team since it is more so being marketed as a defense first squad. But, yeah, Cam’s media presence is helping him in my opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom