Who’s your biggest surprise cut? (1 Viewer)

I figure one of the TEs will be back after week 1. I think then the contract can be week to week so to speak. No guarantees on the contract.

Chris Banjo

This is kinda depressing. There were some magical moments that played out when he was in the games for us. Kinda hard to put a finger on it... but his presence out there seemed to make everyone with him better.

Actually, it was cutting both Derby and Arnold.
While neither was dominant, I didn’t think the saints would end with just 2 at the position. I guess waiver wire will give us the 3rd TE.
Ozigbo cut also surprised

It's not so much that I'm surprised that some players were cut, it's the players we kept instead. Our o-line depth is sub-mediocre. I would have assumed we would have made some moves to acquire better depth. It's not like Armstead and Peat don't get injured every year.

Ozigbo. He just has too many tools to risk losing. They way teams go through RBs, you are always in the RB business. He’s cheap and can play all 3 downs effectively in the running and passing game. If I were a RB needy team, I’d claim him.
RBs are a dime a dozen these days

Dan Arnold was the surprise to me.

We died last year at the position due to inexperience and overall poor play, and now you cuts guy who has gained valuable experience in exchange for someone starting at square 1 in the department. Color me perplexed.

Dan Arnold was the surprise to me.

We died last year at the position due to inexperience and overall poor play, and now you cuts guy who has gained valuable experience in exchange for someone starting at square 1 in the department. Color me perplexed.

Dan Arnold is a sure-thing for the Practice Squad once he clears waivers, and chances are, he will clear waivers.

I figure one of the TEs will be back after week 1. I think then the contract can be week to week so to speak. No guarantees on the contract.
I think only vested players have that clause stating their salary is guaranteed if they are on the roster week one. Arnold needs another year for that (he's a third year, right?).

The only cut that really surprised me was Arnold... but a second later I got it. He wasn't supposed to play last year, but was forced onto the field too early... and still did okay.
Honestly, if Watson had been healthy and more than a shell of himself, Arnold would've never seen the field. We don't NEED a 3rd TE unless there's an injury. So he'll be on the practice squad if we need him. He can continue to develop there just like if he was on the 53 man roster.

I wanted to see Ozigbo make the roster... but a second later I got it.. We don't need 4 RBs. Washington is barely going to get any offensive snaps this year. The only way we NEED another RB is if there's an injury. Ozigbo will be on the practice squad if we need him. He can continue to develop there just like if he was on the 53 man roster.

I sort of thought that Butler would make the cut. I had said last week that we really shouldn't be surprised if our WR group ended up being the same as last year's, plus Harris as a RS. Carr hasn't done anything special. Kirkwood looked very good for what he was and where he was at in his development in 2018. Butler and Humphrey made some fans this summer, but the bottom line is, Carr and Kirkwood are more week one ready. One or both of the UDFA's will be on the practice squad. We likely wouldn't use them much in games anyway unless there are injuries. If there are, they'll be there if we need them. And they can continue to develop just like they were on the 53 man roster.

I think only vested players have that clause stating their salary is guaranteed if they are on the roster week one. Arnold needs another year for that (he's a third year, right?).
Very well may be right. Would Derby fall into that? He may be the one to come back.

Tomorrow will be just as interesting as it is today. We will see who will be signed back to the practice squad. It does make me nervous though. Last year got me a little shocked that we cut two draft picks and was picked up by other teams later on.

How Gray is still on the roster is beyond me. I think he has photos.

Yeah, JT was one of the biggest surprises of players who MADE the 53! ?

Like I said, I was also no big fan of his. But I just looked up the teams preseason stats. On D/STs, Kaden Elliss led the team in tackles with 20.

But guess who was 2nd? JT Gray with 17!

I couldn’t find how many of those were on STs, but I guess it was a lot...more than enough to part ways with Banjo,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom