Who’s your biggest surprise cut? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Now that the preseason is over, it’s cutting time. Which cuts are you most surprised with thus far?

For me it’s Dan Arnold. After cutting Alize Mack and Derby, I thought the Saints would be keeping him for additional depth after Hill. Arnold wasn’t the best, but he knew the system and had regular season experience.

Butler didn’t quite live up to the early hype when he was catching everything against our first string defenders. He faded a bit as the preseason went on after his injury. He is a great candidate for the practice squad; hopefully no one picks him up.

Last edited:
Ozigbo. He just has too many tools to risk losing. They way teams go through RBs, you are always in the RB business. He’s cheap and can play all 3 downs effectively in the running and passing game. If I were a RB needy team, I’d claim him.

Now that the preseason it’s over, it’s cutting time. Which cuts are you most surprised with thus far?

For me it’s Dan Arnold. After cutting Alize Mack and Derby, I thought the Saints would be keeping him for additional depth after Hill. Arnold wasn’t the best, but he knew the system and had regular season experience.

Butler didn’t quite live up to the early hype when he was catching everything against our first string defenders. He faded a bit as the preseason went on after his injury. He is a great candidate for the practice squad; hopefully no one picks him up.
Ozigbo yes?, Banjo wth?, Arnold and Derby?.

I’d say Banjo. His biggest strength was as a solid STs player. But I think the younger, more athletic JT Gray outplayed him there n beat him out.

Not too surprised Ozigbo was cut. It was more like an , “Awww” cause I like him. However, I WOULD be surprised if he is NOT brought back to the PS!

We definitely need a 3rd TE, so either Arnold, Derby or some other TE will eventually be signed.

I agree with most here in saying Arnold (due to all the other TE cuts) and Ozigbo. Also, surprised at Butler.

RBs just like Ozigbo were waived all over the league today... If the Saints want him back, they’ll get him on the Practice Squad... it’s pretty close to a sure-thing he’ll be available. It’s just a matter of if the Saints don’t like anyone else better

Didn’t see Banjo coming. The skill position guys I get, there’s so many WRs RBs and TEs our there that they become expendable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom