Who’s your GOAT of all GOATS? (1 Viewer)

Pfft. AI picks the likes of Muggsy Bogues from his gold teeth.

I don’t disagree. Just loved Muggsy. Loved the smile he always had on his face and the way he played the game. Almost as I loved the scowl that KG wore and his “I’ll kill you if I have to” mentality on court.

Guess I like bigs with a nasty temperament and littles with a jovial aura about em.

Oh I feel certain there would be plenty of arguing lol.

The biggest thing would be defining the rules ahead of time. First and foremost would be what era we're playing this tournament in. Is it today? Or is it before the illegal defense/double team rules. Is it back when you could hand-check people?

I'd probably go modern rules, just to make it easier and more clear. It'd also be fun to debate which oldschool players would still thrive today. Obviously guys like Jordan and Magic would. But other guys wouldn't.

The biggest thing would be defining the rules ahead of time. First and foremost would be what era we're playing this tournament in. Is it today? Or is it before the illegal defense/double team rules. Is it back when you could hand-check people?

I'd probably go modern rules, just to make it easier and more clear.

Speaking of hand checking reminds me of how the Knickerbockers and Pistons used to regularly assault MJ.
I can’t even imagine if he’d have had the luxury of playing in what is a very offense oriented wussified league.

Speaking of hand checking reminds me of how the Knickerbockers and Pistons used to regularly assault MJ.
I can’t even imagine if he’d have had the luxury of playing in what is a very offense oriented wussified league.

He would tear through the modern NBA without hand-checking or double-teams. It's why I don't think the "Lebron is > Jordan" debate has any legs whatsoever. Jordan would absolutely wreck shop today.

I might have to do some sort of Covid 19 boredom exercise where everyone builds an 8 man team to beat everyone else's team, and run a bracket tournament with polls to determine a winner. Perhaps with a thread where the person can put out their argument as to why their team would win.
good idea

Nothing about the question or title limits this to basketball, so here we go:

1) Secretariat
2) Ali
3) Gretsky
4) Jordan
5) Messi

? correct.
That’s a great cross list. Can’t argue with a single one. Well, I’d say that if Cus hadn’t died Mike would have been the greatest fighter of all time.

But, it’s and butts.

? correct.
That’s a great cross list. Can’t argue with a single one. Well, I’d say that if Cus hadn’t died Mike would have been the greatest fighter of all time.

But, it’s and butts.
Federer is a very close 6. He's maybe 5b

my 8

isaiah thomas
michael jordan
larry bird
tim duncan
kareem abdul-jabbar

bench:
magic johnson
hakeem olajuwon
stephen curry

I almost chose him. Just before my time. Knew about his on court abilities did not know he’s viewed as a great man. That’s very cool.
If my criteria included off court/field/ice it wouldn’t be MJ for me. It would be Drew.

First AA coach of any major sport.

Two NCAA titles, Olympic gold medal, won 11 NBA titles in 13 seasons, was 10-0 in game sevens.

Absorbed some ridiculous racist abuse in Boston, never flinched.

Essentially led the founding of the NBA players association.

Firm, intellectually powerful civil rights leader.

Father figure to many, many successful NBA players.

Greatest winner ever. Not even Jordan would disagree.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom