Who are some of the in State Draft Prospects (1 Viewer)

i'd love to have Forte, he's be a great power back and could learn from Deuce if he's back this year.

I would take Forte in the 3rd or 4th. I really don't see him going that far in the draft. I actually see him going in the second. Wait till the combine. His stock will rise. Imo, He is the best player in the state going in the draft. I would say Dorsey but he can't stay healthy which will drop his stock.Scouts will wonder if he can stay healthy for 16+ games.

Matt Forte would be a great addition to any NFL team. The sad thing is, there are people out there that think that because he wasn't recruited by a big school,that he's not worthy of any good recognition.
To those big school snobs...mark my words...Matt will prove himself to be worthy of the NFL!!!
He's evidently been proving the so called "experts" wrong for a very long time...this won't be any different!!!

I would take Forte in the 3rd or 4th. I really don't see him going that far in the draft. I actually see him going in the second. Wait till the combine. His stock will rise. Imo, He is the best player in the state going in the draft. I would say Dorsey but he can't stay healthy which will drop his stock.Scouts will wonder if he can stay healthy for 16+ games.

Actually, I've read that the scouts learned a lot about his flexibility after suffering a blatant intentional illegal chop block that was meant to put him out of the game and the season.

He showed his knee can bend sideways and even at less than 100% he's still better than the rest of the country at his position.

Forte sounds good in black and gold. But the backfield is crowded already. He would start at #4 even if we didnt keep Stecker. Highsmith would be a good talent in the 2nd for us. Chevis Jackson??

chevis jackson round 2 mabye he can slide to us in round 3

Matt Forte would be a great addition to any NFL team. The sad thing is, there are people out there that think that because he wasn't recruited by a big school,that he's not worthy of any good recognition.
To those big school snobs...mark my words...Matt will prove himself to be worthy of the NFL!!!
He's evidently been proving the so called "experts" wrong for a very long time...this won't be any different!!!

I've seen Forte rated as the 5th best RB prospect. He'll have his chance to shine at the Senior Bowl and Combine like anyone else.

Actually, I've read that the scouts learned a lot about his flexibility after suffering a blatant intentional illegal chop block that was meant to put him out of the game and the season.

He showed his knee can bend sideways and even at less than 100% he's still better than the rest of the country at his position.

I didn't hear that.But interesting.About chop blocks - you see it all the time in the NFL.And most of the time its done with the intent to hurt someone. We will see how flexible his knee is. If he is not out by the half way point then your right.I hope he stays healthy,I hate to see a player go down.

A few weeks ago I was loving the idea of Forte being a Saint. But then I realized that

A) He's probably going to deservedly end up going a lot higher than when the Saints ought to even start thinking about offense, let alone tailback.

B) For as long as Reggie is here, no way in hell this franchise brings in another tailback who would have a cult following.There's a pretty decent chance that over the next 8 months, the Pierre vs. Reggie thing is going to become a full-blown "issue", P.R.-wise at the very least. Don't underestimate this fanbase's affinity for the competent-looking underdog vs. flashy, well-paid guy. And God help us all if the Saints and Dulymus part ways this offseason on top of that. Tailback is going to be under intense public scrutiny this year, especially locally, and the last thing they need to throw on top of that is a local college superstar at the position.

I'd still love to have the guy though.

A few weeks ago I was loving the idea of Forte being a Saint. But then I realized that

A) He's probably going to deservedly end up going a lot higher than when the Saints ought to even start thinking about offense, let alone tailback.

B) For as long as Reggie is here, no way in hell this franchise brings in another tailback who would have a cult following.There's a pretty decent chance that over the next 8 months, the Pierre vs. Reggie thing is going to become a full-blown "issue", P.R.-wise at the very least. Don't underestimate this fanbase's affinity for the competent-looking underdog vs. flashy, well-paid guy. And God help us all if the Saints and Dulymus part ways this offseason on top of that. Tailback is going to be under intense public scrutiny this year, especially locally, and the last thing they need to throw on top of that is a local college superstar at the position.

I'd still love to have the guy though.

I never thought about that and i think you might be right.

Let's see,

LSU
DT Dorsey in the first, though he'd never fall to us.

LB Ali Highsmith in the second.

CB Chevis Jackson in the third.

CB Jonathan Zenon in the 4th-5th.

LB Darry Beckwith, if he were to come out.

WR Early Doucet in the 1st-2nd.

S Craig Steltz in the 3rd-4th.

DE Tyson Jackson, if he comes out.

RB/FB Jacob Hester in the 4th-5th.

Tulane
RB Matt Forte in the 3rd-4th.

DT Frank Morton in the 5th-6th.

Those are the ones I have seen play. If there are UL or La Tech fans here who can weigh in on any prospects on their teams have at it.

Last edited:
Tulane's Aryan Barto (C) and Frank Morton will likely go undrafted but likely get picked up and given a tryout. Morton will need to improve his speed. Barto is a late developer and could make a roster.

Highsmith could impress in the combines and will be an immediate impact player. Doucet could be another superstar. Depending on who's left on the board and what happens with FA, either of these would look real good in black and gold.

If Forte is still there in the 4th, we should take him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom