Who are the Saints free agents this offseason? (1 Viewer)

The Saints have been signing most of their lower level FA's to 2 year contracts so I suspect Hargrove signed a two year deal this off season.

That would be huge if it's true. He's going to command a nice chunk of change, if not.

Can anyone confirm this?

The Saints have been signing most of their lower level FA's to 2 year contracts so I suspect Hargrove signed a two year deal this off season.

Hargrove will be different because of the snaps he's getting.

He may get a high-dollar 2 year deal, allowing him to maximize his "prime of his career" contract in 2 years with another 2 years of good play (and not being kicked out of the NFL :covri: ) but he'll definantly be able to command more then a 2 year deal if he wants too.

QB Mark Brunell
RB Pierre Thomas (RFA)
RB Mike Bell
WR Lance Moore
TE Billy Miller
TE David Thomas

TE Dan Campbell
RT Zack Strief
LT Jermon Bushrod (RFA)
RG Jahri Evans

C Nick Leckey
NT Kendrick Clancy

SLB Scott Fujita
MLB Marvin Mitchell (RFA)
FS Usama Young (RFA)
SS Roman Harper
FS Darren Sharper

K Garrett Hartley (RFA)

Everyone in bold should be kept. Fujita is iffy, depending on Fujita's play and if we draft/sign a OLB. Hartley has started to show his inconsistency, but we will see.

Looks like Jahri Evans, Mike Bell, and possibly Jammal Brown will be handed big $$$.

You guys think we will keep Bell/PT when it seems like any RB off the streets could give us good production in between the tackles?

quite honestly i think all those players should be resigned.

yes ...

LETS CUT SMITH AND GRANT, and sign everyone

mike bell must be signed ... evans too ... clancy is a must, hargrove, sharper too!! the rest, really ... lets see

yes ...

mike bell must be signed ... evans too ... clancy is a must, hargrove, sharper too!! the rest, really ... lets see

I doubt cutting Will Smith will result in any cap savings and cutting Grant would probably yield only minimal savings.

If next year is capped I believe releaseing Grant would cost the team about 1.7mil against the cap. That could be an interesting decision by the F.O..

If next year goes uncapped Bell, Moore, Evans, Brown, Harper, and Strief all become RFA instead of Free. A player has to have 6 seasons to become FA in an uncapped year.

Let God forbid a uncapped year!! Just look at baseball and see the failure in uncapped salaries. Jerry Jones is just salivating and pushing this for his own personal reasons (power and money). If the NFL votes this end this will be a problem for small market teams such as ours and the end of parity.:rant:

QB Mark Brunell
RB Pierre Thomas (RFA)
RB Mike Bell
WR Lance Moore
TE Billy Miller
TE David Thomas
TE Dan Campbell
RT Zack Strief
LT Jermon Bushrod (RFA)
RG Jahri Evans
C Nick Leckey
NT Kendrick Clancy
SLB Scott Fujita
MLB Marvin Mitchell (RFA)
FS Usama Young (RFA)
SS Roman Harper
FS Darren Sharper
K Garrett Hartley (RFA)

Everyone in bold should be kept. Fujita is iffy, depending on Fujita's play and if we draft/sign a OLB. Hartley has started to show his inconsistency, but we will see.

Looks like Jahri Evans, Mike Bell, and possibly Jammal Brown will be handed big $$$.

Okay, I agree to a certain extent my friend. Mike bell has had 2 good games, don't give him 100 million yet. Lets see how the INjury works out, before we sell Metarie to Texas and give him the house.

Fujita is a solid linebacker. He does need to stay, you can aruge he is our best run stopping linebacker (before vilma) in the past 4 years.

This is the one I could call crazy. Garrett Hartley? He hasent missed a regular season FG since he has been with us. Why would you not resign him? He said the suspension was accidental, and he man'd up to it, so I hope that is not the reason. He has a big foot, and an accurate one as well. I don't understand this one at all.

yes ...

Did you read this before you posted it? You really put that much on Anthony Hargrove? He is 2 Budlights and a Screwdriver away form getting kicked out of the league for good! He has done NOTHING this regular season to show his worth dude!

Smith and Grant are not THAT bad, they might not be Jarrid Allen or the CRAZY DE's from NYG, but they are Solid run stopping DE's. You are blindsided by a couple of bad games, and a NON suspension as of yet, did you not see Charles Grant chace down Ochocinco?

Get with it bro, you should watch the games a little closer and not listen to all the callers on WWL to make your FA decisions.. I bet you'd cut Meachem to keep Lance Moore too?

Let God forbid a uncapped year!! Just look at baseball and see the failure in uncapped salaries. Jerry Jones is just salivating and pushing this for his own personal reasons (power and money). If the NFL votes this end this will be a problem for small market teams such as ours and the end of parity.:rant:

Look at some of the restrictions there are on upper level teams in an uncapped season.

http://insidethecap.blogspot.com/2009/09/what-free-agency-will-look-like-in.html

Something else I didn't see mentioned in the article is that teams will also have 2 franchise tags to use instead of the current 1.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom