Who are you interested in seeing at the combine?

Thread starter #1
Ratings
I put a list of guys together that I am interested in seeing how they perform and if it will move them up are down. The projections listed are a complied list of where I have seen them projected to go on various websites. Do you guys have any opinions and who are you interested in seeing? I would be happy if any of these guys on this list where called by the Saints on draft weekend.

<strong><u>TE's</u></strong>
Jermichael Finley ~ Texas ~ late 2nd to 3rd
Martellus Bennett ~ Texas A&M ~ late 1st to mid 2nd

<strong><u>DE's</u></strong>
Jonathan Dingle ~ West Virginia ~ 3rd to 4th
Vernon Gholston ~ Ohio State ~ top 5 to mid 1st
Chris Ellis ~ Virginia Tech ~ 3rd
Quentin Groves DE/OLB ~ Auburn ~ 2nd

<strong><u>DT's</u></strong>
Dre Moore ~ Maryland ~ 2nd to 3rd
Pat Sims ~ Auburn ~ late 1st to mid 2nd
Sedrick Ellis ~ USC ~ top 10
Glenn Dorsey ~ LSU ~ top 10
Frank Okam ~ Texas ~ 4th
Joseph Bryant ~ Texas A&M ~ 2nd to 3rd

<strong><u>LB's</u></strong>
Dan Connor ~ Penn St ~ 1st
Keith Rivers ~ USC ~ top 10 to top 15
Xavier Adibi ~ Virginia Tech 1st to 2nd
Erin Henderson ~ Maryland ~ 2nd to early 3rd
Curtis Lofton ~ Oklahoma ~ 2nd to early 4th (widest discrepancies)
Jerod Mayo ~ Tennessee ~ 2nd to early 3rd
Ali Highsmith ~ L.S.U. ~ 1st to 2nd

<strong><u>CB's</u></strong>
Antoine Cason ~ Arizona ~ 1st
Aqib Talib ~ Kansas ~ 1st to 2nd
Chevis Jackson ~ L.S.U. ~ 4th
Patrick Lee ~ Auburn ~ 3rd to 4th
Leodis McKelvin ~ Troy State ~ 1st
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie ~ Tennessee State ~ mid 1st to early 2nd

Last edited:

robsmith32

Super Forum Fanatic
Ratings
ok, i don't really watch college ball, but did Frank Okam's play severely drop off the deep end or something?? I know in the vids of him preceding last season's draft,. He was looking pretty good for the middle of the line to be grading as a 4th?

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Ratings
All the DT's, LB's and CB's!!!

The draft if a crap shoot and whoever we draft (just like any other team) i'm gonna assume we drafted them for a reason, Unfortunatley we cant make the Saints FO draft who we want them to draft, we gotta just believe that they are picking these guys for a reason, whether we heard of them or not and regardless of 40 time...were on the outside looking in.

SuperQuincy

You said it mon!
Ratings
Cason, DRC and Talib, I think those 3 could really improve thier stock with good performances. I would also consider CB ast he Saints biggest need, so I am most interested in them for that reason.

I really wanna see how Dorsey and Ellis compare, I'm not sure why, I know its better to go by on field and combine shouldn't matter to much, but this is just a match up that interests me. I would love to have either in the black and gold, but it probably a pipe dream to think either would fall. But stranger things have happened.

But I think most of all, I wanna see how Vernon Gholston does. I think a good performance will soltify him as the number 1 pick. He looks to me alot like Shawn Merriman, and that is the ideal pass rush you would like if running a 3 - 4 (which Parcells loves) I just wanna see how he runs etc. I think he is the most interesting prospect in the draft. If he can run high 4.4's low 4.5's, I have a feeling he will throw up 225 at will many many times, he is gonna open some eyes. I wanna see how he does the most.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus SR News Page Articles 0
Top Bottom