Who are your 2019 draft crushes? (1 Viewer)

just a few i'm liking so far

love that he catches everything, very shifty and would be great spelling Kamara

This guy is such a determined runner and would be a great replacement for ingram in a year or two when murray is done.

butler is a huge target and looks to me to be the most determined WR in this draft class when it comes to getting to the end zone. Not sure he would even be there when the Saints are picking in round 2 though.

my biggest pipe dream in this class is hollywood brown. I do worry about him being a diva though and I'm guessing he probably isn't even going to be on the Saints board cause they just don't take WRs with personalities like this. but man can he fly and his effort is always great. with kamara and brown on the field, it would be really fun to watch. I'm a realist though and it's not gonna happen.

Last time we took a TE that was raw, but very athletic, it really worked out well. Kahale Warring probably isn't as athletic as Jimmy, but I bet he is really on the Saints radar.

Would not be surprised if they go after Caleb Wilson on RD 2.

Everything about his game is similar to Zach Ertz's out of Stanford.

Similar height, speed and build and even similar statistics.

Personally I would prefer Cominsky, Ferguson or Nate Harvey there.

Edit: Ertz ran a 4.76 compared to Wilson's 4.56 but Ertz had the better 3 cone at 7.08 compared to 7.2.

My guy Kaden Smith did match Ertz's 3-cone with a 7.08.

Last edited:
just a few i'm liking so far

love that he catches everything, very shifty and would be great spelling Kamara

This guy is such a determined runner and would be a great replacement for ingram in a year or two when murray is done.

butler is a huge target and looks to me to be the most determined WR in this draft class when it comes to getting to the end zone. Not sure he would even be there when the Saints are picking in round 2 though.

my biggest pipe dream in this class is hollywood brown. I do worry about him being a diva though and I'm guessing he probably isn't even going to be on the Saints board cause they just don't take WRs with personalities like this. but man can he fly and his effort is always great. with kamara and brown on the field, it would be really fun to watch. I'm a realist though and it's not gonna happen.

Last time we took a TE that was raw, but very athletic, it really worked out well. Kahale Warring probably isn't as athletic as Jimmy, but I bet he is really on the Saints radar.

Man! I wish Butler would fall to us. That guy would utterly feast opposite Mike T! And HELLYE!!! Kahale Warring is my fav TE in the draft. There's bigger names ahead of his, for sure, but I think Warring has just as high ceiling of all of them, including Hockenson and Fant. If he was in the SEC or Pac 12, or even w/SDSU's crazy O, if he had a semi-competent QB I think he'd easily in the top 5 TE group. He's already a versed blocker, runs very nuanced routes, and is athletic as they come. I think he is as athletic as Jimmy, but w/the added advantage of being able to block. I personally think Warring is a better prospect coming in than Jimmy was. Warring also has a basketball background, too, and it shows up on 50/50 balls. Yup! Im a big fan of Warring.

Bennie Snell Jr.*, RB, Kentucky
Height: 5-11. Weight: 222.
Projected 40 Time: 4.68.
Projected Round (2019): 3-5.

Reminds me of PT. Physical, Gets up field, breaks first tackle by being deceptively elusive, fluid, not a home run hitter but he's a football player.

Very efficient with his touches. Versatile, runs the wildcat (no pun). Can catch out the backfield if needed (screen game)

I can see this guy kepping murray on the bench in sean's system if he's drafted and him and AK lighting it up running the 2 man game.

the slow 40 time should drop him to within reach

Montez Sweat, DE/OLB, Mississippi State
Height: 6-6. Weight: 252. Arm: 35.63. Hand: 9.88.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
Projected Round (2019): 1-2.

he'll drop because of the alleged heart condition just like Maurice Hurst last year's draft.

he ranks 6th in the ncaa in sacks in 2018. rotate with Davenport imo.

saints want to mimic what pats did in SB which was pretty much send the blitz ...Goff can't handle it. Patriots exposed what was already exposed but the saints simply didn't do it enough imo or they'd be 2 time champs

saints can move to get him imo in the 4th if he falls rd 2-3

Another 5 guys I'd like to add to the crush list would be:

The aforementioned TE Kahale Warring SDSU
EDGE/DE Jachai Polite Florida
LB/EDGE/DL Jahlani Tavai Hawaii
DT Gerald Willis The U
OT/OL Chuma Edoga USC

Side note: I didnt think we'd have a shot at Polite, we prob still dont, but after a crap combine it seems like his stock is tumbling down the boards. They knocked him on his "attitude", but that's a hard one to read given the sometimes testy nature of the question teams are asking these 20 year olds. But here's the thing, Polite has zero off the field red flags and his film shows a player that turned the corner and exploded on the scene as one of the nations top pressure players. Maybe he's just immature and needs to grow up, who knows? Couple that w/a poor 40 and it clearly does seem like his sky is falling. If it indeed turns out to be nothing more than a maturity issue, I think our locker room and coach Nielsen are more than capable of helping Polite mature.

Donald Parham is intriguing.

6-8 243lb TE with 36" arms!

Can't wait to read about his pro day.

I like Parhm too! Tony Pauline and couple of the other draft writers love his potential as a move/match up TE. But I have to agree w/their views on Parhm's limitations coming into the league. The most glaring issue they have w/Parham is his blocking ability. The lanky build, weight and dimensions are fine for a move TE, but that's kind of a bad build in terms of developing into a functional blocker at the position. Parhm's a perfect fit as a receiver, but as of now, he's liability as a blocker. On top of that, the ability to block seems to a must for a Sean Payton TE. That being said, I think Parhm would be a major upgrade from Dan Arnold as a developmental/move TE.

Another 5 guys I'd like to add to the crush list would be:

The aforementioned TE Kahale Warring SDSU
EDGE/DE Jachai Polite Florida
LB/EDGE/DL Jahlani Tavai Hawaii
DT Gerald Willis The U
OT/OL Chuma Edoga USC

Side note: I didnt think we'd have a shot at Polite, we prob still dont, but after a crap combine it seems like his stock is tumbling down the boards. They knocked him on his "attitude", but that's a hard one to read given the sometimes testy nature of the question teams are asking these 20 year olds. But here's the thing, Polite has zero off the field red flags and his film shows a player that turned the corner and exploded on the scene as one of the nations top pressure players. Maybe he's just immature and needs to grow up, who knows? Couple that w/a poor 40 and it clearly does seem like his sky is falling. If it indeed turns out to be nothing more than a maturity issue, I think our locker room and coach Nielsen are more than capable of helping Polite mature.
I am joining the Kahale Warring bandwagon. I’m no sure he’ll be the BPA at 62, but I like him a lot.

Interesting prospect, he originally went to college to play volleyball, but decided he wanted to move to football and transferred to juco.

at the 4:46 point, poindexter mentions the saints, interesting

Add John Ursua to my list.. If the Saints go elsewhere with that 2nd round pick, Ursua is a guy that is expected to go well below where his talent and production would figure to be projected.

Ursua led the FBS in receiving touchdowns with 16, while ranking 5th in receiving yards and 9th in receptions (89 catches, 1,343 yards) in 2018. At his pro day, he ran a solid 4.56 to go along with a 4.08s 20 yard shuttle that would’ve put him 4th among combine WRs.

If you’ve watched the tape on this guy, short area burst is where he wins. The shuttle numbers are not surprising. Would be a great asset in the slot for New Orleans’ offense.

I'm starting to really like Will Grier as the choice in round 2. But my WR and TE favorites per round are:
Second Round:
Andy Isabella- WR
Deebo Samuel- WR
Irv Smith Jr-TE

4th and 5th Round:
Hunter Renfrow- WR
Foster Moreau- TE
Isaac Nauta- TE
David Sills- WR

6th and 7th Round:
Zach Gentry- TE
Jalen Hurd- WR
Jazz Ferguson- WR
Tyron Johnson- WR

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom