Who are your favourite female artists of all time? (1 Viewer)

Okay.

I was going to ignore this. But no.

To Kill a Mockingbird wasn't a great book to start with.

They asked her to make changes and she nailed it.

An absolute classic.

Go Set a Watchman was a money grab while she was dying.

At the risk of being banned.

Shut up about things you don't know.
Thanks for the enlightening comments. I feel like I know more now.

I’ll second Joni mitchell and add my major professor in evolutionary bio at LSU. Some teachers see something in you and push you. You don’t realize how important they are until way later.

Tammi Terrell. If she had not died so young, she would have been the forever queen of Motown.
I knew she was young but, OMG, 24! I've got a couple of the duets with Marvin Gaye -- like, of course, Ain't No Mountain High Enough and You're All I Need To Get By -- on my playlist and they are still so fresh. Amazing what a body of work she was able to leave behind.

I don't really have an all-time fav one b/c I grew up on rock/metal, but I do appreciate Benatar, Jett, etc...

Here are a few of my fav mainstream ones...

Aimee Mann is very good...

Plus I love how so many mainstream acts have had women as a part of their bands such as White Zombie, Smashing Pumpkins, A Perfect Circle, etc...

Enjoy this badassery...

\m/ \m/

Last edited:
Dolly Parton.

She has gained fame for almost being a caricature of herself, but she’s got a voice of angels, has been writing monster hits since she was 9 years old, and is the shrewdest business woman around.

She’s been famous for over 50 years and is still entertaining to record crowds.

And if you haven’t been to Dollywood in East Tennessee, it’s seriously an incredible place.

And in my opinion she absolutely sings “I Will Always Love You”much better than Whitney (and many don’t even know it’s Dolly’s song).

Dolly Parton.

She has gained fame for almost being a caricature of herself, but she’s got a voice of angels, has been writing monster hits since she was 9 years old, and is the shrewdest business woman around.

She’s been famous for over 50 years and is still entertaining to record crowds.

And if you haven’t been to Dollywood in East Tennessee, it’s seriously an incredible place.

And in my opinion she absolutely sings “I Will Always Love You”much better than Whitney (and many don’t even know it’s Dolly’s song).
Excellent nomination. One of a kind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom