Who are your favourite female artists of all time? (2 Viewers)

Karen Carpenter
Gladys Knight
Roberta Flack
Whitney Houston
Aretha Franklin

Joni Mitchell makes her first appearance on page 2? Shame.

I'd say for classic, besides Joni (what a brilliant artist she is/was), I'd say Aretha and Madonna (I was a fan in the 80s). Oh, and I also like Emmylou Harris and Gillian Welch on the country/americana tip.

Current artists, I have a crush on Phoebe Bridgers, her songs are fantastic. I also like Jenny Lewis, she's quality, really good live.

Sister Rosetta Tharpe. This where it began. Music is a male dominated world, but there are many many lead guitarists and vocalists who
could take lessons from her.

I freaking love Sarah Brightman and I had front row seats to her Harlem tour. She definately carried over her knack for putting a show together from her time with ALW. She is incredible.

Joni Mitchell and its not close....she was a force of nature...a number of her songs had totally bizarre guitar tunings, I think she is one of the greatest song writers of all time.

Honorable mentions to Susan Tedeschi and the Wilson sisters (Heart)....

Sofonisba Aguissola
Judy Chicago

I would also add Whitney, but I dont really know a ton of her music. I would say that I compare every national anthem to Whitney. That voice she had was amazing.

Finally some females getting love on this board.

Harper Lee
Shirley Jackson
Emily Dickinson
Billie Holiday
Amy Winehouse
Sheryl Crow
Shakira, Shakira
Meryl Streep
Phoebe Waller-Bridge

Just a few that come to mind.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom