Who are your favourite female artists of all time? (1 Viewer)

Dolly Parton.

She has gained fame for almost being a caricature of herself, but she’s got a voice of angels, has been writing monster hits since she was 9 years old, and is the shrewdest business woman around.

She’s been famous for over 50 years and is still entertaining to record crowds.

And if you haven’t been to Dollywood in East Tennessee, it’s seriously an incredible place.

And in my opinion she absolutely sings “I Will Always Love You”much better than Whitney (and many don’t even know it’s Dolly’s song).

Just think about entering the “Amusement Park” game.....talking Disney, Six Flags, etc....and her little Dollywood, which she has her hands all over every aspect, has risen to be right there with the big boys in terms of quality resort park/vacation.

And putting it right in her hometown backyard, East Tennessee mountains, literally creating thousands of jobs in the area.

It’s truly unheard of......and then that voice.....

Bonnie Raitt is on my list (along with some others already mentioned).

And she hasn’t been around for long, but I’m gonna give a mention to Ellie Goulding. Her voice is quite unique. Too many young female artists are essentially poor imitations of Billie Holliday.

If someone did, i missed it, but I can’t believe no one has mentioned Olivia Newton-John. Her range from country to disco to pop, her timelessness through the decades, oh, and by the way, she’s just HOT! I crushed so hard on her when I was like 9 during the Grease era that my Grandma walked in and caught me making out with the TV once when her image came on.

Sheila E is another one. Love bizarre was one of my faves, and geez, she was so sexy! A lot of crushes in the 80s and 90s mentioned here. Good memories!

Lone Justice--Maria McKee
Joan Jett
Cathy Lemons
Ella Fitzgerald--after whom my daughter is named :)

I can’t believe that people can’t believe what they say they can’t believe
I find it very believable

Reminds me of the "You know, I know what you don't know" conversations I had with friends back in the day. The circular discussions can get pretty convoluted. The more convoluted, the funnier it got.

Gwen Stefani
Patsy Cline
Pat Benatar
Alicia Keys
Stevie Nicks
Donna Summer
Pink
Rihanna
Reba McEntire
Fergie
Mary J. Blige
Alicia Keys
Janis Joplin

Just off the top of my head...

Not always a Stevie Nicks fan, but she knocks this one out of the park. Tight backing band.

• Kate Bush
  • Debbie Harry (Blondie)
  • Pat Banatar
  • Belinda Carlisle
  • Patty Smyth
  • Kate Smith...Just because I like her version of GOD BLESS AMERICA

Last edited:
Eva Cassidy - The Most beautiful Voice EVA.
Susan Tedeschi - My Favorite Singer
Lucinda Williams - The Most Brilliant Songwriter.. Truly Incredible Writing
Dinah Washington - Just Cause

I am just starting to scratch the surface with the old 20's and 30's torch singers..
Ruth Etting

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom