Who are your top 3 UDFAs to have a chance at roster? (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
1. Marquez Callaway i've seen him with as high as a 4th round grade an all m you need to do is read sammyknightmvp's thread to get an idea on him.
2. Calvin Throckmorton another guy who I've seen 4th round grades and on top of that versatility is a huge plus has starts at 4 of 5 positions on the line in college.
3. Juwuan Johnson a big WR who had a 5th round grade. Fluid athlete for his size.

The deck is definitely stacked against UDFA guys this year. Who knows if we will have any form of training camp this year.

The deck is definitely stacked against UDFA guys this year. Who knows if we will have any form of training camp this year.

If this was a normal season some might get enough exposure to make an impression. The logistics of CV19 are a huge road block. Maybe someone will shine bright enough but it is a bad year to be an UDFA.

Would anyone like to see a dramatic increase in the size of the practice squad for this year only?

If this was a normal season some might get enough exposure to make an impression. The logistics of CV19 are a huge road block. Maybe someone will shine bright enough but it is a bad year to be an UDFA.

Would anyone like to see a dramatic increase in the size of the practice squad for this year only?

They should definitely think about instituting some type of changes.

What if you could place a rookie directly onto your PS without having to clear waivers first? Teams just aren't going to be able to fairly assess their players enough to fill out these rosters.

Keith Washington.
Kid has speed and our CB position may need depth.

I would go with (1) Marquez Callaway WR, (2) Calvin Throckmorton OL. (3) Malcolm Roach DL. But it is still to early to determine if anyone will make the roster, until we start seeing some type of practice. But those are the players I believe who have the best chances, even with the way things are now.

I don't know who will be kept but, I'm glad that the rosters got expanded from 53 to 55 clean giving way for two more guys to hit the roster and the practice squad from 10 to 12 and to 14 in 2021.

What were the chances for that UDFA out of the Univ. of Illinois beating out a 4th round pick back in 2007?

Pittman had 4.4 (40) speed, but at least one NFL prognosticator had him pegged spot-on:

Antonio Pittman (5’11”, 195lbs, Ohio State): Undersized inside runner with limited speed. Not much of a receiving threat. His game worked as a full time RB at Ohio St. It won’t work in the NFL. Strictly backup material in the NFL. A poor man’s Travis Henry. Overrated with plenty of gurus projecting him in the first 2 rounds. Big time pass on Pittman on day one of the draft for the Giants. If he drops could make sense for the Giants on day 2.

My favorite UDFA of all time was John Randle (...but I digress).

:gosaints:

1. Joe Bachiem (LB)
2. Tony Jones Jr (RB)
3. Calvin Throckmorton (OL)

The only possible spot one of these guys takes is like 5th string CB. But even then, their main job would be ST and I think our ST is stacked.

So I think none of them make it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom