Who can beat us? (1 Viewer)

Saintuary

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Let's see. Giants? Maybe. Pats? Maybe. Those two are at the Dome, right? Oh Snap, maybe NOT.

Okay, Okay, I'm calming down, BUT (I'm gonna say it) "Could we go UNDEFEATED?" There, I said it. Just the season, that's all I'm talking about. If we make it to lagniappe games it's gravy. Can't deny that I want the big one like everybody else, just I'm tooo scared to think it.

Oh I forgot Colts. Maybe we could pay Ely and Peyton a lil sumptin, just sayin.

any team any given day can win. with that said, i think the saints are their own worst enemy. i am confident enough to say we can hold our own with any NFL team right now. it all depends on if the saints can keep winning.

Yeah, we could lose every game we play (3-13).

The Bills were 2 big plays from winning that game.

Of course, so were we. We hit the big plays (thomas) and they didn't (TO bomb).

If you think we're mile better than anyone else, then you're wrong. We're a solid team and we have a chance to win every game. We have more talent than most of our opponents. That still doesn't garuntee a win.

It is difficult to look at this team and say with confidence who can beat the Saints. This is the most talented team that I have seen us ever put out on the field.

If we stay healthy, our offense continues to be #1, special teams plays conisistently well and our defense continues to gel, you could realistically be looking at an undefeated season. And I am not even close to kidding.

Mike Bell and Pierre Thomas have added an air of toughness to this explosive offense that can easily start salting games away midway in the 3rd quarter. Without even mentioning what Brees and the Weapons of Pass Destruction can do.

This defense is MUCH more aggressive and is generating turnovers without really allowing opponents to get into the game.

The sky is the limit.

Every team in the NFL can beat the Saints, if they don't play a good game. Can we wait til at least week 12 or 13 before we start talking about this. Over confidence is not something we should have at this point, we've only shown that we can't finish worse than 3-13.. No team is unbeatable..

I am actually anticipating a loss at home to one of the NY teams. The one that scares me the most is the Jets, even though I think we will rattle the cage of Sanchez in the dome. The Jets defense is that good IMO.

But...

Here are wins I am willing to go ahead and chalk up (for the sake of arguement):

2 vs TB
1 vs MIA
1 vs WAS
1 vs STL
1 vs ATL (at least)
1 vs CAR (at least)

So there's your 10. Don't need to go undefeated, just need to get in the playoffs. I think 12 wins will get you homefield advantage this year in the NFC, so the next two (especially against the Giants) will be crucial.

Yeah, we could lose every game we play (3-13).

The Bills were 2 big plays from winning that game.

Of course, so were we. We hit the big plays (thomas) and they didn't (TO bomb).

If you think we're mile better than anyone else, then you're wrong. We're a solid team and we have a chance to win every game. We have more talent than most of our opponents. That still doesn't garuntee a win.

Yea, that's what I think, I garuntee you got me there. You've even stated the reasons why I think the way I do.

Let's see. Giants? Maybe. Pats? Maybe. Those two are at the Dome, right? Oh Snap, maybe NOT.

Okay, Okay, I'm calming down, BUT (I'm gonna say it) "Could we go UNDEFEATED?" There, I said it. Just the season, that's all I'm talking about. If we make it to lagniappe games it's gravy. Can't deny that I want the big one like everybody else, just I'm tooo scared to think it.

Oh I forgot Colts. Maybe we could pay Ely and Peyton a lil sumptin, just sayin.

The Giants, if their defense is healthy, is my biggest concern in the NFC.

Ravens maybe out of the AFC? Honestly I haven't watched them this year though.

Saints will lose at least one game this year so don't get too big of an ego. If the Bills complete that deep pass to TO, maybe they win that game, who knows.

Saints will lose at least one game this year so don't get too big of an ego. If the Bills complete that deep pass to TO, maybe they win that game, who knows.

Yada yada yada! All I know is 3 teams that we've played got a L on their head.

Going to lose at least three games, IMO. Probably more.

Giants, Jets, Ravens, Falcons, Pats and (hate to say it) Cowgirls are losable games. Will be interesting to see how we net out against them.

Already knocked off one big concern, the Eagles. The Bills turned out to be a better team than expected. But even more, the Jets are looking very legit.

Who can beat us? At this point, I'd say ourselves. Turnovers, penalties, missed/blown assignments, etc will be the biggest challenges ahead for this team.

They've done a good job of minimizing those things this year, which is another reason why this team feels a lot different than the previous 2 years.

Good week to preach this too as we're gonna have our hands full with the Jets. Then again, so will they!

Giants, Jets, Ravens, Falcons, Pats and (hate to say it) Cowgirls are losable games. Will be interesting to see how we net out against them.

There's no reason to expect us to lose 4 out of those 7 games though.

13 - 3 seems to be a reasonable expectation for this team, and probably necessary to get home field advantage in the playoffs, which we sure could use.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom