Who Can Say?... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Pierre Thomas is our best back and is getting more and more recognition as a dominant back in this league. But who here can say they were with him from the start? I remember looking through our list of UDFA's and seeing his name... "Pierre Thomas? Who is this guy, no chance over Bush, Deuce, Stecker, and Pittman." Then week three came along of the 2007 preseason against the Kansas City Chiefs when Thomas was put in. He put up 90 yards and 2 touchdowns on eleven carries and I said to myself "Cut Pittman, keep Thomas!!" Then he followed it up against the Dolphins the next week with 81 yards and one touchdown on 16 carries and added two receptions for 47 yards. He even had a 35 yard kickoff return.
It has been great watching him grow into the great back he is.
Go Pierre Thomas! Go Saints!

Yes go P.T. What a great game. Especially with the virus and not being able to eat and throwing up the night before. Had to get hydrated on I.V. Whey to go.

I can honestly say I have been all about PT since his first pre-season game, and did not waiver when allot of people were saying that Mike Bell should be ahead of him on the depth chart.

is he our best back?

He could well be, if we're talking "running backs".

Putting Thomas and Bell in back to back to back throughout a game would tell one HECK of a tale.

(Not to mention entertain all of us, and completely DECIMATE whoever was on the other side of the ball....)

yes he is he proved it in chicago when he had like 100 yards rushing and 100 yards receving and he gives you the threat up the gut with his power but also i think alot of credit for our run game has to be given to heath evans and the o line with the intensity they are playing with which has made it easy for us to plug these runnings backs in with little are no drop off and with the way the rb's are hitting the hole and gashing defences these olinemen will only do better as the season goes on

It really doesn't matter if he's 1 or 1A ... Thomas and Bell are both going to get their share of carries. I see their competition for playing time as helping the team win.

Hey the Man proved it way before the Bears game! They only brought him in as a spare to give the others a break. But PT was averaging 5+ yards a carry! Then due to injury's they were forced to start him! The rest is history... I said that 1st preseason he reminded me of a smaller Duece! PT has become his own style running back, and i think he's gonna be great! I'd redo his contract now instead of later, so we can tie him up!

Ive been a fan of PT since his first preseason game. you could just tell the guy had it.

He worked hard and had something to prove like a lot of other players on this team.

Drew Brees - Too short, couldn't gun it in there.
Lance Moore - UFA
Marques Colston - 2 picks away from Mr. Irrelvent
Mike Bell - Great rookie year, bust after that
Lynell Hamilton - UFA
etc.

Are you guys serious ? Why does one back have to be not as good as the other one for either one to be good ? As a straight up North-South runner, Bell is the better back. As far as shiftiness I'd take PT. I really can't say (and I doubt anyone else can either) either one is better than the other. They both have huge upside.

I love PT's explosiveness..
But at the same time I love the way Bell straight up punishes defenders who try to lay hits on him.

They're both beasts, and both need carries.

I think PT is a better overall back, but Bell is very close behind him. I don't care who starts, though, I'll take either one, on any given Sunday....

I was pulling for him over Pittman. He looked like veteran right from the start and Pittman did nothing to impress. Is he still in the league? I know he stuck with LA for a season or two.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom