"WHO DAT" on SNL.... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Last night's Saturday Night Live (Justin Timberlake) offered quite a nice surprise for Saints fans.

I was literally falling asleep and it was on.....a skit called Maine Justice.

I've rewatched it now and it's actually pretty unique.

The premise is a courtroom in Maine.....but the judge, baliff, crowd, plaintiff are all clear spoofs of Cajun country friends.

The jokes intertwine between Maine things and Big Easy things.

The defendent is the only one normal, and confused with the ongoings.

At the end, the judge says.....'Cause dis here's......................................Maine Justice!"

During the long pause of the last line.....a loud "Who Dat" comes out of nowhere from the SNL audience.

Following the last line, the doors open and here comes the jazz band, the umbrellas, etc. I think the courtroom crowd begins a Who Dat chant as well....but the one from the audience is clear as day.

It's at about the 40 minute mark, you can scroll straight to it.

Watch Saturday Night Live | Justin Timberlake online | Free | Hulu

Note: I am not proposing it's funny, it's just so cool with the random Who Dat.

Ok. So first, I had to digest the awful accents and over the top craziness they wanted us to understand by suspending disbelief. That being said, JT's gator chomp had me cackling. It was pretty funny, not going to lie. Not at all Saints related except for that Who Dat. Pretty funny. Timberlake always brings a show when he hosts SNL. So glad he's distanced himself from NSync. Some of those guys never make it as an individual. See: Nick Lachey(Lachay?)

I think there was a spontaneous "go Tigers" from the audience when LSU was mentioned by Samberg's character as well.

They did this a couple of months ago, too, when Jamie Foxx hosted. I was cracking up. It's a little funnier than the Timberlake one, and Charlie Day pops in as an 8-term Congressman....wearing overalls and an LSU hat.. drinking whiskey from a Mason jar.

Link to the skit only:
Watch TV. Watch Movies. | Online | Free | Hulu

I heard that! The whole show was actually pretty good I thought, but I just about lost my stuff when I heard that!!

For those who can't see it b/c of ad-blocking software on NBC or HULU...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y77vHJFEHVA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i've been alive for almost 40 yrs now, but rarely have i been as confused by anything as i was by the Maine Justice skit last night.. i mean, i usually take pride in 'getting' the references on SNL-- but this had to have been some inside joke amongst the writing staff or something.

the show as a whole was solid though, i havent laughed as hard in a long time as i did at Stefon doing Donald Duck having a Vietnam nightmare.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom