"WHO DAT" on SNL.... (1 Viewer)

I'm deeply confused...... :scratch:

Maine has lobsters, Louisiana has crawfish.....:idunno:

i've been alive for almost 40 yrs now, but rarely have i been as confused by anything as i was by the Maine Justice skit last night.. i mean, i usually take pride in 'getting' the references on SNL-- but this had to have been some inside joke amongst the writing staff or something.

the show as a whole was solid though, i havent laughed as hard in a long time as i did at Stefon doing Donald Duck having a Vietnam nightmare.

For those who don't get it, the group is a bunch of Katrina refugees who settled in Main. That's why the charecters are all Cajuns. It's actually pretty funny, and the over the top accents are better than most movies that try to copy it.

I heard the Who Dat while watching and rewound it 5 times for my wife to catch it.

mbg

This is not the first time that they have done Maine Justice. The first time was with Jamie Foxx. The one with Jamie Foxx was funnier than this one.

i've been alive for almost 40 yrs now, but rarely have i been as confused by anything as i was by the Maine Justice skit last night.. i mean, i usually take pride in 'getting' the references on SNL-- but this had to have been some inside joke amongst the writing staff or something.

the show as a whole was solid though, i havent laughed as hard in a long time as i did at Stefon doing Donald Duck having a Vietnam nightmare.

I think they're making fun of how rediculous all of the cajun shows are on TV by calling it Maine justice as Maine isn't as boistrous as we are, therefor, it is ironic/funny

I like how the Who Dat nation represents..
We never hesitate to throw out a Who Dat.

Anytime I go somewhere on vacation, the Who Dat nation represents. The LSU Tiger fans are good at this as well.
I remember when I was at Disney someone asked me if LSU was playing a game around there because he saw so many LSU shirts. I got the same question when I wore my Saints jersey also..

This is not the first time that they have done Maine Justice. The first time was with Jamie Foxx. The one with Jamie Foxx was funnier than this one.

Hilarious

<iframe width="512" height="288" src="http://www.hulu.com/embed.html?eid=gz7grzlmkd7h6wslp4r9ug" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Somehow my DVR messed up this episode (most likely my fault). SNL isn't great anymore, but it has its moment. Bruno Mars was really good and Timberlake really does SNL well.

if that's the kind of crap they are showing on SNL, then it's past time to take it off the air

Well, the earlier Jamie Foxx episode gave it three forms of "explanation":

1. Maybe They were Katrina refugees
2. Maybe they were part of an exchange program
3. Maybe they were in space time/continuum where they spent half their time in New Orleans, and half in Maine, and they confused the two.

Whatever, it was absurdist in the extreme, and not really funny. Plus the over-the-top characterizations by the judge, bailiff and plaintiff are just tired cliches and stereotypes. Almost as bad as "The Waterboy".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom