Who Do We Draft in The 1st Round Now? (1 Viewer)

Luckily the way our offensive line is built from the inside out rather outside in, so it gives us a little wiggle room when it comes to his replacement, doesn't have to be a high caliber tackle necessarily. Plus with the offensive sets we run with WR/TE chip blocking and sometimes bringing in an extra eligible tackle. So I don't see LT being as important as a defensive playmaker. There should be plenty decent LT on the FA market this year.

None that will be cheaper than Bushrod.

And I completely disagree with the assessment of the LT. I don't think we have placed enough emphasis on the Tackle position recently (largely because we had such great Guards) but last season, with the departure of Nicks, I think our line really struggled. Drew had much more pressure than previous seasons and though it might not have shown in sacks, I think it was a large factor in the offense being less efficient. If we had two Tackles we DIDN'T have to consistently we could let our RBs and TEs do what they do best.

Lastly, I guess it depends what you want from your LT. I'm sure there will be some cheap guy who isn't wanted elsewhere but as I say I think that would be a mistake. We're an offensive team and we shouldn't forget that.

The pass rushing OLB's availible at 15 are really flawed... Mingo 5 starts/D. Jordan no real position/J. Jones no work ethic not a student of the game??? Sonds like we should address the position in later rounds! Front 3 on 3-4 makes everyones job easier! NT sets the tone!!!

Every player in this draft is flawed just as they are in every other draft. Jones produces. He's not the fastest guy or the most athletic or the best student of the game but he produces. The critiques of Mingo and Jordan are similar to what was said about Aldon Smith.

And with the NT, again, you can find those guys. Most 3-4 schemes do not have a Vince Wilfolk or Haloti Ngata yet the scheme is able to produce. The other thing is, who is the NT we get at 15? The only two that merit consideration to me at that point are Lotulelei and Hankins. There are no guarantees that Star will be there or near our pick. And Hankins has unbelievable talent but does not play up to it.

Then you can look at John Jenkins. He needs to be in better shape and can tend to get a bit gassed at times. He's powerful but he has to improve his effort. There is also Jesse Williams. I think 15 a bit too high for him even as I would not be surprised if he goes as high as #14. But what he gives you, a player like Brandon Williams can give you, which is someone who is able to clog the middle, take on blockers, push the pocket, and open things up for the backers. And the thing is, Brandon is a better pass rusher than Jesse.

Finally, Eric Fisher is likely a top 10 pick but is as a safe a pick as you can get at #15. I was not the biggest fan of Vaccaro because I am not usually high on Texas defenders. But when I watch him, I am impressed. He seems very talented, and might end up pushing himself into the top 10 of this draft.

I don't want to trade up for a defensive tackle in the first round... remember how well that worked out last time?

Didn't work out too badly for Baltimore......

2006 NFL Draft:

The Browns traded the 12th overall selection to the Ravens for the 13th and 181st choices.

12 Baltimore Ravens Haloti Ngata DT Oregon

13 Cleveland Browns Kamerion Wimbley DE Florida State
181 Cleveland Browns Babatunde Oshinowo DT Stanford

DT in first round we can get a big space-eater in later rounds taking up space is all u really want from ur dti say either a ot or outside lbin first round.let vilma go. maybe move shanle inside.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom