Who Do We Draft in The 1st Round Now? (1 Viewer)

Boondock

Veritas Aequitas
Reaction score
Now, that our defense is going to do a complete overhaul, who do we take first in the draft? I think we should draft our future NT. The NT position is the keystone of a 3-4 defense. My pick would be Jesse Williams out of Alabama. I, personally, do not think Hicks would be best utilized as a NT. It would limit his tremendous athletic abilities.

Jesse Williams | Alabama, DT : 2013 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Being from Australia and drafting an Australian in Williams wouldn't be bad, but I think it would be a to pick him at our pick.

Trade up for Star Lotulelei and solidify our dline for years to come.

IMG-5489-Star-Lotulelei.jpg

Jordan, Lotulelei, Hicks :worthy:

You have to look at a 3-4 OLB like Jordan, Mingo and maybe even Okafor who played standing up in college.

IF we traded up back we could stockpile picks and grab Margus Hunt who would start opposite Jordan.

I like Lane Johnson OT who will be a stud LT. He will be available ~20 so that's an option. But only if we get our 2nd rounder back bC we need defense high picks

It really depends. Can Akiem Hicks play the NT for us? Or will he be able to convert to DE?

Right now, without the combine, this would be my ideal draft.

1. D.J. Fluker T Alabama
3. Sean Porter LB Texas A&M
4. Khaled Holmes C USC
5. William Gholston DE Michigan State
6. Kapron Lewis-Moore DL Notre Dame
7. Jordan Rodgers QB Vanderbilt (This seems to be the hot 7th round pick haha)

I don't want to trade up for a defensive tackle in the first round... remember how well that worked out last time?

If anything take the best DEFENSIVE player available that comes your way, especially in the front seven considering the dropoff in talent in that area... whether it's Kevin Minter, Dion Jordan, Alex Okafor, or Alec Ogletree, get someone who can consistently get pressure on the passer and be a stone wall in the run game. Being able to cover would also be nice.

Trade up for Star Lotulelei and solidify our dline for years to come.

IMG-5489-Star-Lotulelei.jpg

Jordan, Lotulelei, Hicks :worthy:

Trade up with what though? The rest of our picks for one guy and next year's first? I don't think so.

It really depends. Can Akiem Hicks play the NT for us? Or will he be able to convert to DE?

Right now, without the combine, this would be my ideal draft.

1. D.J. Fluker T Alabama
3. Sean Porter LB Texas A&M
4. Khaled Holmes C USC
5. William Gholston DE Michigan State
6. Kapron Lewis-Moore DL Notre Dame
7. Jordan Rodgers QB Vanderbilt (This seems to be the hot 7th round pick haha)
I would not take Fluker even in the 2nd. He is below average pass blocker and an amazing run blocker. He is primarily a NFL RT too. He does not fit and I could see him breaking down in the NFL against any above average DE.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom