Who do you honestly believe will have a breakout season next year?(Defense) (1 Viewer)

Who will have a break out season on defense this year?

• Total voters

Bala Lowkz

Who Dat Supporter.!!
Reaction score
All this negative talk on Harper, Vilma, and Smith got me queezy. So I ask who do you guys believe will flourish next season under this new scheme. I honestly believe Harper will have the opportunity to actually utilize his talents, but Cam stands out. 3-4 defensive linemens numbers dont usually rack up, but against the run he will be a monster. Who knows though. Perhaps a 10+ sack season is coming his way.

I also believe Greer, and Robinson will do much better under Ryan. Greer especially. What people fail to understand is that Greer is not letting his age get the best of him its his injuries. When healthy he does his job, and makes sure he isn't getting bullied. Of course we have talent in Galette, Hicks, and Wilson just ready to explode, I look forward to the defensive side of this season. Its all up to the D. If they take care of business Brees will take this team to places higher then any other team.

I will go with Cam on this one though. Just to be safe.

Gallette, Hicks, Hawthorne Tez.

I want to say Tez so bad, but i think it all depends on where he's played. I think if he plays ILB he will have a nice season, OLB i feel it will take him some time.

What is wrong with you people?

I can't speak for the rest of them, but I'll tell you what's wrong with me. I'm 20 pounds overweight, I tend to drink more than I should, I keep picking the wrong women, and I go fishing or read SR when I should be working.

Well, you asked.

What is wrong with you people?

its the offseason... we pass time any way we can... and since the saints havent released any news since saturday, the news topics are getting thin around here... so we dream about the upcoming season...

same as when the nfl releases the schedule. all of us will look at it up and down and say that we'll be 11-5 and no less. someone will look and say 8-8, someone will say 16-0. its just a way to pass time.

Rob Ryan.

He'll finally have an elite offense to play off of.

Also, IAQ on defense and Nick Toon on offense.

Galette is the safe pick, maybe not the best, and maybe wrong, but he's shown signs of being good as a rusher and the transition to an almost pure rush position seems to place him well to break out.

I have really high hopes for Cameron Jordan. Next year is the year I would like to see a pro bowler from defense. He is my pick. The same goes for harper.

I like Hicks Gallette,but Iam not yet ready to give up on Malcolm Jenkins just yet.With that said this is it a make or break year for him 2013

I went with Tez Wilson. We've seen what Jordan is capable of and he can be even better in his natural 3-4, Lofton is already a great LB, Hicks is still an unknown for the 3-4, and Galette has shown flashes as a pass rusher.

I think Tez is the key as he's never really been given a chance to show out. He's been moved around a lot and not given a lot of playing time. If I remeber correctly his highlight reel from Illinois had him mostly playing ILB which allowed him to read and react. With his speed and athleticism, I can see him doing well in this defense if RR uses him properly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom