Who do you NOT want the Saints to select with their 1st round pick? (1 Viewer)

No offensive linemen... at least not for first 2 rounds or so. Seem we like to go that route under Sean and co

Given the list of names and positions listed in this thread so far, I think it's a fair bet that no matter who we draft or what position we draft, many people will melt down about it. Of course, that happens every year.

You guys sayin O line are underestimating how good Brees made the O line with his feet and quick release. Name a lineman that left Brees and played the same caliber elsewhere? There aren’t many

If he's available at 28 we'd be idiots not to take him
Personally I'd like to know how Payton feels on this topic. Mac seems to be fairly similar to Brees' play style... the question is, does Payton want to branch out and try something new at the QB position or does he want to stick to the formula? I'd prefer to keep Payton happy.

The past 4 postseasons, we managed to score 30 points once. The rest of the games, our highest point total was 24 points. Our defense only allowed 30 points once and kept us in pretty much every game. Of those games, excluding our most recent where we had 4 turnovers, our next highest TO total was 2. We need to be able to put up more points. The playoffs are a different animal than the regular season. If you can’t outscore your opponent, then you go home obviously. I’m tired of these 3 and outs, with stinking up the joint for an entire half and such. I hear the voices about Oline and that’s fine, but you need players that can make plays. Little things like moving the chains, making contested tough catches, breaking a big play, creating momentum. Continuing to draft Oline, we are just chasing our tail. Sure, they may provide protection, but if you have no one to throw to, then what’s the point? You can get WRs that create separation in 3 seconds. Heck, Drew made Olines look better than they were with his pocket presence.

Don't want to draft a QB in round one. I'm good if we don't draft one at all. Content with Jamis, Taysom, and even Trevor Siemian remaining at the #3 spot. To many weak links on defense that need to be filled. And I also will be disappointed if we move up in round one. We need to stay pat and use all of our picks for (young) depth players and to help loosen up our straining cap situation.

You guys sayin O line are underestimating how good Brees made the O line with his feet and quick release. Name a lineman that left Brees and played the same caliber elsewhere? There aren’t many

Very valid point. Even with Drew's quick release he was getting pressured up the middle a lot more the past few years. As for O lineman leaving the Saints and having success elsewhere, there haven't been many because there just haven't been many. The Saints usually find and keep guys through their prime years. Carl Nicks left but then his career was inexplicably cut short by a filthy Bucs facility.

Jeff Faine had some quality years after leaving. Jammal Brown. Jonathan Goodwin. Bushrod was a starter for years after leaving the Saints.

Personally I'd like to know how Payton feels on this topic. Mac seems to be fairly similar to Brees' play style... the question is, does Payton want to branch out and try something new at the QB position or does he want to stick to the formula? I'd prefer to keep Payton happy.

Mac Jones seems to have a lot in common with Marcus Mariota to me. He played in a prolific offense surrounded by playmakers. Mariota never had to work to hard when his targets could easily create space.

I wouldn't do any fist pumps and I wouldn't give out a single high five but I could live with drafting a Tackle. It would make sense. But if we use our first pick in the draft on an interior O lineman for the third straight year then I'm just done. I'll retire with Drew and just watch college football or play with my kids if I have to.

I dont know whats worste, the comment or i that felt every word :ROFLMAO:

I don’t want to see the Saints draft an OT in the 1st round...

With them just re-signing Hurst to a 2-3 year deal, if they draft an OT in round 1, it almost certainly means that Armstead or Ramcyzk won’t be with the Saints long term, and I want both players in the B&G for at least another 3-5 seasons.

Anything else I think I could deal with.
Armistead is Great player, when 100%/ 75%, but too many injuries over his career...missing during critical runs.....Hope Saints draft OT for the left side! WE are set a QB, and LB.

Mac Jones seems to have a lot in common with Marcus Mariota to me. He played in a prolific offense surrounded by playmakers. Mariota never had to work to hard when his targets could easily create space.
So did Joe Burrow, Baker Mayfield, Tua Tagovailoa, Kyler Murray and Jalen Hurts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom