Who do you NOT want with the 24th pick? (1 Viewer)

Actually, unless the Saints are just in love with a player at #24, my preference is at least one trade down, if not two. It is my belief that there will be a number of players with the potential to be drafted late in the first round who will be available in the second. That is not to say that there are 50 players "worth" a first round pick, but rather that after the first tier of 12-15 players, that second tier could range from the middle of the first round well into the second.

So ideally the Saints could trade down and pick up a couple of additional second day picks. Doing so would give them many more options and enable them to address multiple spots with quality players. For example, with only picks at #24 and #88 during the draft's first two days, it is harder to justify picks on a RB or QB when there are more pressing needs at LB, CB and WR.

Me.

As much as I could use the money and love the Saints, drafting a 42 year old who hasn’t played football since 1990 would be a bad idea.

The board seems to be souring on Patrick Queen, and this comparison to Stephone Anthony keeps coming up. I just don't see that comparison. Murray and Queen are being lumped together but they are two very different players. They might have similar combine numbers but on the field they were used differently.
The comparison for Anthony is Murray not Queen. Queen is a coverage lb with great instincts and problems at the point of attack and tackling. Murray is a tackling machine with problems moving back in coverage.

Why Claypool? Dude seems like a legit freak

He's big and physical but doesn't offer much outside of that. He struggles against press coverage and doesn't do much after the catch. I think he's worth it if he's in the 4th/5th round but not worth a 1st.

Last edited:
He's big and physical but doesn't offer much outside of that. He struggles against press coverage and doesn't do much after the catch. I think he's worth it if he's in the 4th/5th round but worth a 1st.
Been reading that lots of teams have him on their board as a TE---

The comparison for Anthony is Murray not Queen. Queen is a coverage lb with great instincts and problems at the point of attack and tackling. Murray is a tackling machine with problems moving back in coverage.

This is what I was referring to and this isn't the first time I've seen it. But I agree with you 100%. Queen seems like a possible 3 down player. He has shown some promise in coverage.

Any of the “1st RD” LBs not named isaiah Simmons. Murray & Queen are plenty athletic, for sure, but im not a fan at all of either guys instincts & processing ability. Steph Anthony had an eerily similar write ups & film reels as Murray & Queen & we all know how that turned out.

Someone at a non-need position. I get it, BPA and all, but it really needs to be BPA at a position of relative need. I want a guard, receiver, linebacker, or cornerback. I don't want a running back, tight end (mainly because I don't see one worth it, not because we couldn't use one), defensive lineman, or safety. We only have a few picks, and if we spend one or two getting BPA at non-need positions, our needs will go neglected.

Do not want any part of Love, Eason, or Fromm in Round 1.

No Running back at 24. (but I'm fine with them moving back into Round 2; and taking Clyde Edwards-Helaire, or Cam Akers.)

Not particularly crazy about Murray but I'll take him 10 out of 10 times over Love or a RB at #24.

Can (somehow) SR please bring up every posters Major Comments regarding who we should draft over the past five years? I need this information so I can give the thumbs up to who really knows what's up. lol

Pay no attention to me, especially when I am dead certain about a player.

I watched Jordan love play in 2019 he did not look good. I would hate for saints to draft him. Project qb in first round no thanks. He definitely not as good as Winston or jamarcus coming out of college.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom