Who do you NOT want with the 24th pick? (2 Viewers)

Correct. You said his shortcomings CAN be fixed by coaching. i’m saying maybe they can’t, as mental short-comings are not always fixable. Maybe you meant “can possibly” be fixed by coaching. Not sure. But mental issues with QBs are always a major concern, and not always something that can be fixed
Oy vey.......

Correct. You said his shortcomings CAN be fixed by coaching. i’m saying maybe they can’t, as mental short-comings are not always fixable. Maybe you meant “can possibly” be fixed by coaching. Not sure. But mental issues with QBs are always a major concern, and not always something that can be fixed
What is the difference between can and can possibly? Nothing. It's saying the same exact thing. You're just throwing an extra word in there just to argue.

Sure he lost tons of talent around him I wont argue that. But Love has continuously made horrible decision with the ball.

I would suggest reading the article below, it gives wonderful insight on many things that should scare you about drafting him in the first.

The article (like everything with PFF) is made up of grading that is subjective and open to interpretation.

There are plenty of times in that article where you can easily see where being surrounded by 8 new starters plus an entirely new coaching staff could lead to the issues described. There’s also a lot of places where you can explain certain dropoffs In production because of that.

A lot of the article discussed and tried to explain the drop in play from 2018 to 2019. He didn’t just forget how to play QB. And when you consider the circumstances around him, it’s easier to understand.

He has incredible gifts. Clearly, it’s going to take a really good coach to bring out the best in him (just like it did with every other QB from Drew to Mahomes). I’d be thrilled if Payton saw enough with Love that he felt he could be that coach. But I’d also trust and defer to him if he didn’t.

What is the difference between can and can possibly? Nothing. It's saying the same exact thing. You're just throwing an extra word in there just to argue.
One phrase is definitive, the other is uncertain. Not the same thing, especially since my point is that mental uncertainties with a QB are a bad thing and definitely not guaranteed to be fixed with coaching

Any of the “1st RD” LBs not named isaiah Simmons. Murray & Queen are plenty athletic, for sure, but im not a fan at all of either guys instincts & processing ability. Steph Anthony had an eerily similar write ups & film reels as Murray & Queen & we all know how that turned out. Especially when guys like Logan Wilson, Troy Dye & Akeem Davis-Gaither are available on Day 2, maybe even Day 3. Theyre not Olympians, like Murray & Queen, but theyre just as good in the field, if not better when youre talking about IQ & instincts.

One phrase is definitive, the other is uncertain. Not the same thing, especially since my point is that mental uncertainties with a QB are a bad thing and definitely not guaranteed to be fixed with coaching
Sorry. Can is not definitive. Continue to argue with the wall if you please. Some people can't understand context.

Pretty much what the title says.

Who do you personally hope the Saints DONT select with their first round pick

For me its Jordan Love.

How is this even a measureable stat and how much trust are we putting into these numbers? What is an “uncatchably off target throw”? Anyone can watch game film and see Herbert is significantly more accurate than Jalen Hurts. Something is wrong here.

Sure he lost tons of talent around him I wont argue that. But Love has continuously made horrible decision with the ball.

I would suggest reading the article below, it gives wonderful insight on many things that should scare you about drafting him in the first.

How can you hold him to the fire for the bad decisions only and not acknowledge the good that would excite people about drafting him first? If didn't have those negatives, then he'd be unattainable anyway. Any QB we can acquire this late in the 1st has some flaw. Whether it's lack of competition, poor health, lack of total talent, or severe inconsistency.

Way I see it, Love is exactly the kind of guy we would want to succeed Brees without having a season go down the chutes.

Jordan "17 ints last year" Love or Kenneth "I smell like Stephone Anthony" Murray.

Any cornerback named Kristian Fulton.

Any running back.

Same here, many top-notch RB's come out of nowhere.

However, Payton values stud RB's from top schools and will spend 1st round picks on them. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he picks the best all-purpose RB at 24.

Me, I don't want a WR or TE at 24 unless a crazy good one falls to us. I rather an OL or DL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom