Who do you think are locks to remain with the Saints defense in 2020? (1 Viewer)

Lafexpress

Veteran
Reaction score
Just a question looking for different opinions, have no firm idea at this stage, other than Jordan, Davis, Jenkins, Brown, Davenport, Hendrickson?

I don't imagine we'll see a ton of change on the defense. Klein will either sign a very team friendly deal or be let go, as he's pretty replaceable. Rankins, for as much as we love him, is probably gone,
as that's a position where we can afford to let him walk with the young depth we have. Apple probably either walks or signs a really cheap deal to be a depth CB.

Vonn Bell is probably the biggest question mark. He's a tremendous young player and is going to get a big bag of cash. I'm not sure what we do here. I hope we can find a way to keep him, but it's tough to pay premium money to a safety.

I don't imagine we'll see a ton of change on the defense. Klein will either sign a very team friendly deal or be let go, as he's pretty replaceable. Rankins, for as much as we love him, is probably gone,
as that's a position where we can afford to let him walk with the young depth we have.

Did you not see the improvement of the defense when Klein came back from injury? He calls all the defenses on the field, he is not easily replaceable....why folks continue to undervalue him astounds me....Same with Rankins, injury history aside, we are not the same run defense without him, I'm not saying break the bank for him but 7-8 million with a bunch of incentives seems reasonable...

Either Apple or Jenkins is gone. If Apple agrees to a 6-7 deal then Jenkins is gone. If not Jenkins gets a new deal so his cap hit gets spread out

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom