Who do you think will be the biggest draft bust this year? (2 Viewers)

I've seen a lot of Ryan at BC.. He's a fierce competitor and leader. Most of his picks didn't quite reach the boneheadish level of Farve and AB, but perhaps he took a few too many risks. He has an adequate arm, though they said that about Brees and Brady. He isn't a mobile threat right now. I'm expecting a Brad Johnson type career.. Yeah......Would BJ be considered a bust? I'll say that I was more confident about Cutler than Ryan, but I don't think Ryan will be a bust.

Ok I can see your pointZulu. Not that conference strength is a complete indication on how a player reacts to the NFL, but I just think the Big East is a very weak Defensive conference.

My 2008 Busts:
Matt Ryan, Johnathan Stewart, DeSean Jackson

Cant Miss Studs:
Chris Long, Ray Rice, Keith Rivers, Glenn Dorsey

Ok I can see your pointZulu. Not that conference strength is a complete indication on how a player reacts to the NFL, but I just think the Big East is a very weak Defensive conference.

Agreed, though BC plays in the ACC.

Matt Ryan's not accurate enough in my opinion to be a top pick.
Do you mean touch on certain patterns? I think he's a mixed bag,and good prospect for pro coaching, if so. I've seen him thread the needle, then overthrow open men. 59.3% isn't bad. Cutler was 59.1% his senior year. He was more mobile and has a gun, but that isn't everything. Ryan's play at BC also reminded me of Shaub

I've seen him thread the needle, then overthrow open men.

Which is a red flag to me. I'm not Ron Jaworski or anything, but that suggests shoddy mechanics. Eli Manning had the same problem coming out of college and you see how long it's taken him to get his game together. And Eli still isn't particularly accurate.

You can still be a good QB in this league, but my personnel preference I guess you could say is for extremely accurate QBs like Brees.

What matters is completion %. Brees 60.4% his senior year, compared with the 59.4% of Ryan. I'm sure Brees had missed a few open targets during his days at Purdue. Ryan isn't Eli, just as Samuel isn't David. Brees isn't Steve Young. Garrard isn't Cunningham. One players development has no bearing on what another will do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom