Who do YOU want for DC? (1 Viewer)

Who would you like to be hired as our new DC?

• Total voters
I picked Tomsula, because we need a long term d-coordinator solution. I don't think Crennel has too many more seasons in him. This d-coordinator carousel that we've been on for the past 2 to 3 seasons isn't helping our team divise a long term defensive philosophy/strategy, thus hurting our defensive draft strategy. All in all, we need stability on the defensive side of the ball.

While I agree with this, if Tomsula comes here and turns this D around, who's to say he doesn't get a HC job somewhere in a couple years? I still think Crennel has years left in him, and I kind of think he may prefer a DC position at this stage in his career, that's what I'm kind of hoping anyway. But we can't go wrong with Crennel, Tomsula, or Grantham even.

I wanted Mitt Romney, but that didn't pan out. Why bring it up all these months later?

Exactly what I was thinking. SF has stockpiled top notch talent for so long, I think that's a big reason for much of their success on defense. Everyone acts like their coaches would automatically come in and fix our D. Maybe that's true...guess we'll have to see. I'd be happy with Grantham or Tomsula though, those are my top 2. If Crennel were coming he'd be here already. JMO

UGA is stockpiled with talent also and much of the reason for Grantham's success. There are a lot of UGA fans that thinks he underachieved.

Exactly what I was thinking. SF has stockpiled top notch talent for so long, I think that's a big reason for much of their success on defense. Everyone acts like their coaches would automatically come in and fix our D. Maybe that's true...guess we'll have to see. I'd be happy with Grantham or Tomsula though, those are my top 2. If Crennel were coming he'd be here already. JMO

Yeah i think part of SF success is picking in the top 10 the lst few year. Mind you some of their guys were found later in the draft but..they were crappy for a while until Harbaugh brought his staff in soo id like to think its part talent....and part coaching.

Mangini. He comes from success so he knows what it's like to run a defense on an offensive based team

His drafts for the jets and browns speak for themselves. Plus he's played DT and he knows what it takes to get players going

He was on the verge of turning one of the worst franchises in nfl history(the browns) into a playoff contender before he got fired by an impatient front office

Tomsula. Younger guy who has a great up and coming record, works under Fangio who is s great coach and has developed talent, which is something the Saints haven't done recently.

i think it's going to be Tomsula the more I look at it. In the article by Triplett, he seemed open to it without say it directly. He's a fiery guy like Vitt and even sounds a little like him. He's worked his way from a small college to head coach in NFL Europe and stuck through two head coached in SF. He has taken his family to Europe and coached there and in video on the 49ers website, seemed to relish in the experience. Sounds like a guy who would be open to the opportunity to coach in New Orleans.

Philly has their eye on Donatell and I think the news from Glazer about our interest in him and Ryan is a red herring. Remember, if we hear it from Glazer, it's coming directly from Payton. He's not going to let out what he is really going to do. I cannot imagine Payton even talking to Ryan given his connection to GW through the Buddy Ryan coaching tree.

As for Crennel, I have no problem with him, but I don't think he will coach this year. He's getting paid no matter what and he went through a horrific event in KC when Belcher shot himself in front of him. Can't imagine he'd be too motivated right now.

i think it's going to be Tomsula the more I look at it. In the article by Triplett, he seemed open to it without say it directly. He's a fiery guy like Vitt and even sounds a little like him. He's worked his way from a small college to head coach in NFL Europe and stuck through two head coached in SF. He has taken his family to Europe and coached there and in video on the 49ers website, seemed to relish in the experience. Sounds like a guy who would be open to the opportunity to coach in New Orleans.

Philly has their eye on Donatell and I think the news from Glazer about our interest in him and Ryan is a red herring. Remember, if we hear it from Glazer, it's coming directly from Payton. He's not going to let out what he is really going to do. I cannot imagine Payton even talking to Ryan given his connection to GW through the Buddy Ryan coaching tree.

As for Crennel, I have no problem with him, but I don't think he will coach this year. He's getting paid no matter what and he went through a horrific event in KC when Belcher shot himself in front of him. Can't imagine he'd be too motivated right now.

I'm with you, when I read the article yesterday it sounded as if he was giddy about the opportunity. Almost like he knew something.

I also think it was wierd that Glazer stated our interest in Donatell. Knowing how close Glazer is to Payton I'm not sure Payton would leak his true target knowing that Philly wants him too.

No more re-treads....Enough of the Spags, GW, type of DCs...I went for Tomsula, and even Donatell has some past clowns ties, which rendered him undesirable!...LOL!

I voted Tomsula. I just feel we need to go with an up and comer like Payton was when we hired him. If it was going to be an already established DC Id say Romeo, but I really think we will and should promote someone like Tomsula.

How come no one is offering up Ryan's name? I don't care for the guy nor his brother but thought it curious no one seems to be even mentioning the guy and was wondering why? His Cowboy connection? Coach Payton was a Cowboy Coach. I wonder, did Coach Payton work with Ryan at all? Anywhere along the way? I don't know so figured I'd ask here since someone surely knows this.!

As i am sure you know, Rob and Rex Ryan are sons of the infamous Buddy Ryan, the godfather of "bounties", if you will. Gregg Williams has, and always will be enamored with Buddy Ryan. Every chance he can, he talks about how he learned from him. For this reason Gregg coached the way he did with "bravado" and a lot of hot air. I reeeeeealllly don't think that Sean and Mickey want to go anywhere NEAR that road again. I would be absolutely stunned if they hired him, and that's an understatement.

Personally, I'd like Crennel. I think it's pretty obvious the Saints primarily want Tomsula or Donatell, or they'd have moved by now. Honestly, I'd be fine whatever they do. The exceptional turnovers in 2009 aside (we still gave up points and yards), 2010 is the only solid defensive year we've had since 1992. It is what it is, and there's not much room to go lower, so I'd be happy to see anybody dig us out a little bit. That can be enough to get us back to the big game.

Romeo. He has coached several teams and each one had a good defense. A proven defensive philosophy. Get him a protege to pass it on to in case the grass gets greener elsewhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom