Who does colston remind you of? (1 Viewer)

marvin harrison. dude is always in tune with where the ball is. He also reminds me somewhat of jerry rice in that he always seems to find that open seam in the coverage, can work the D for extra yards, and doesnt take too many unnecesary hits.

He is in a class of his own... he reminds me of Marques Colston

Faster than TO, but he does not drop the ball in key moments

Moss gives up on his team and sells out colston would never do that

but his physique looks like TO
I think he will have a better career than TO

He also reminds me of a more focused, less explosive Terrell Owens.

No, as much as I despised him while he was playing, Colston reminds me greatly of Jerry Rice. A big receiver with great hands who doesn't SEEM that fast, certainly doesn't have an eye-popping 40 speed, yet beats guys deep (and shallow over the middle) constantly, catches everything thrown his way, and pulls away from DBs with huge yardage after the catch.
He is amazing to watch, especially realizing that, like Rice, he is doing it off hard work and smarts rather than purely on natural speed.[/QUOTE]

DING. DING. DING. We have a winner. Like Rice he's a small school and was supposed to be a step slow for the pro game (Rice ran a 4.6 at the combine), but who somehow seems to be able to run away from everyone on the football field. He's not the polished route runner Jerry was (though he's not bad, ask Chris McAlister about that dig move), but then neither was Jerry his rookie year. In fact, Colston is much more polished than Rice was in his first year.

Two comparisons I'd also offer up, one old; one new. Michael Irvin (without the felonies) and Boldin in Arizona. Big, physical guys who are polished receivers. Also reminds me a little of Javon Walker.

He reminds me of Colston...he's just himself...and amazing too!

Randy Moss!

Reminds me of Randy Moss ------ without attitude!
A real Class Guy! Much needed in our organization and on our Team!

Meshawn and TO, but without the mouth nor rotten attitude. He creates great match up advantages for our offense. I do not remember ever having been so imressed by a Saints rookie before.

Moss was great, Boldin even Keyshawn. Colston should be proud to be mentioned along such players (skills-wise). He makes it look so easy.

I loved the Payton quote: "Colston has this amazing skill to always fall 4 yards forward after catching the ball" (no link, sorry)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom