Who does colston remind you of? (1 Viewer)

he's so clutch, he reminds of when Ed McCaffrey was a Bronco and playing at his best, but bigger stronger and faster.

I'd say the best comparison is that he reminds me of a young Marques Colston!

Marques Colston set a new rookie record, reaching 869 receiving yards after the first nine games of his career -- the most a rookie has ever totaled in his first nine games. The previous record was 810 yards by Harlon Hill (Bears, 1954), who ended up with 1,124 yards over 12 games.

Owens: Not even close. I don't care what their bios say, Owens is much more stout than Colston. Not a knock against Colston, who is as good or better than Terrell this year, but Owens has more mass to him.

On the flipside, Colston is far bigger than CJ, Keyshawn, Harrison, etc.

Colston is very unique, but if I _had_ to make a comparison, he reminds me a little of a younger and slightly faster version of this guy:

12202001jacksonns4.jpg

Marvin Harrison. Colston is a giant, king sized version of Harrison. They have same style of catching the ball with their hands and pulling it into their body, same "not flashy" demeanor (you'll never see either pretending to sleep on the ball in the endzone), similar drive to excel. Neither are blazingly fast but run similar sharp routes and can find the holes in the secondary. Both have amazing chemistry with their QBs......

Cris Carter. Same size, a little heavier, great hands, and run good routes

I think he's a young TO without the attitude.

A young Rod Smith, Denver...
Taller and a little heavier, but he's humble and catches anything you throw his way - Just like Smith did for Elway.

Marques just won't remain a secret like Rod was for Elway for many years. The world is already starting to find out who Marques is.

Colston is a Chad johnson clone minus the "ocho cinco" / But remember Colston is no Onome Ojo he was a "beast"

Saints Master has spoken.........................................

Showing my age here, but: Harold Carmichael, who played for the Eagles back in the day. Tall, long arms, huge hands, impossible to defend.

I kind of agree with this. Although Harold Carmichael was much taller. Perhaps maybe Herman Moore is a good comparison as well.

Colston doesn't really remind off any off those guys ya'll named. he is making a name for himself. he's a solid WR who catches everything, runs good routes, blocks down feild and breaks tackles for extra yardage. if he can keep building on what he has accomplished, which there is no signs that he won't, he will be out of all of those guys leagues. with the exception of Rice and Harrison. i think this off-season he should attend Tom Shaw's speed camp and try to get a little faster, that will add another dimension to his game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom