who else do we sign? (1 Viewer)

I'm actually hopin we bring in Troupe and Green and hope we resign Billy Miller

Still got a big hole in DT though... I don't know how we will handle that...(hopefully we can give up our 2nd to swap places with maybe the Pats or someone so we can grab Dorsey) If we get a DT..I don't think we have to do much else to our secondary, but maybe grab another CB in round 3 or so.

Last edited:
I was thinking troupe, green, poss bring in darwin walker for a look, and would like to see haggans

im not sure what we do....im actually fairly dissapointed with our FA signings....we didnt sign ANY player that we wanted....no faneca, no briggs, no samuel, no florence no pace...i mean, i dont think we could have done worse...especially with all the money we had at our disposal...i just hope in the next weeks we lock up Colston, Evans and Smith with all that remaining cash....

im ecstatic about trading for Vilma...but overall FA has been a huge bust!

I don't understand how this offseason can be classified as a bust. I thought we may have a chance at Samuel, but I didn't really think we would spend the money on him. I really like the Mcray signing. I think he will have 7-9 sacks this year. If we would have signed Samuel, we probably wouldn't have had the cash to sign Colston, Evans, and Smith. I think this is the way to go...building your team through the draft and then signing complimentary pieces that could turn out to be better than any of us think.

This offseason is exactly what I wanted, aggressive. I think we should hold off for a DT because either Ellis or Dorsey will fall to #10.
We really need a Will, or someone better than Shanle. That would be nice.

I think this has been a VERY good off season so far. A healthy Vilma could be the best player in FA period. Add Gay, & the Titans DE(Forget his name, he's good depth for the rotation) and resigning some of their own players. 12 signings so far in 3 days.

My plan would be sign Miller, another LB maybe Bailey, and a WR not sure if there is a decent WR available though.

If we can get Troupe at the TE position, we should be able to call our FA signing a success. Anything over that, will be icing on the cake. With what we've signed so far, we are in a great position to draft BPA at each round.

The rest of the field is gonna cost us and while I would love to pick up a veteran O lineman (???), one more corner(L. Sheppard) and a backup QB (Q. Gray), we've got to give rookies (draft picks) and our young guys( Palko, Alleman, Bushrod) a chance to see the field atleast a play or two. Otherwise, we'll wind up with another Meachem riding the pine all year and wasting money that isn't being put to use on the field.

We "could" go out and sign another veteran DT, but then that would give us Young, Thomas, Clancy, and Lake. Let's also not forget, that with the signing of McCray, Grant can slide over to the DT spot on passing downs, which should free up the need to grab another veteran now. I'd rather we go for one in the draft and add youth to that spot.

With the signing of Patten and Henderson at the WR spot, that gives us: Colston, Meachem, Henderson, Copper, Patten, and Green. We're again in excellent position to draft a young WR and have them learn this year without being expected to take the field. Henderson is only a one year deal, Patten is a two year deal and I believe Copper and Green are also. We'll probably add another UDFA in the mix or two for TC and let them dog it out for a spot.

The LB spot could be a potential area, but with the draft being so deep at that position, I can see the FO either taking one in round 2 or 3 and using our current guys: Fujita, Vilma, Simmons, Shanle there. Again, maybe another UDFA who can contribute on ST and no expectations there.

So, in a long winded yes.....I'm ok with what we have, but a definite need is at the TE spot. Other than that....let's go into the draft ready to get BPA at a few positions and resign Colston, Evans and Smith and front load the contracts to use the remaining cap space and set ourselves up for next year. Trying to resign Colston, Evans, Smith, Vilma, and potentially Henderson, Patten, etc......OUCH, that would suck for any sort of FA splash next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom