Who else is awake (1 Viewer)

Still awake and irritated. I posted this as a thread then deleted it because it seemed too angry. This was me wanting to go Cersei Lannister on the refs. Over the top? lol Warning: strong language.

Confess. Confess. Shame. Shame.

Still awake and butt-hurt. I posted this as a thread then deleted it because it seemed too angry. This was me wanting to go Cersei Lannister on the refs. Over the top? lol Warning: strong language.

Confess. Confess. Shame. Shame.

I dont blame you. All game I was worried about the non calls, I argued with my dad that they were saving a big flag for the end of the game, ironically it was the lack of call that destroyed us! OF all the years and games with excessive calls, to have it go down like that was devastating

For some reason, this game took me back to my childhood. And I how I would hide under my bed the Monday after the Saints lost because I didn't want to go to school and ride the bus past the Superdome.

No one in my family was that big on football, so Saints losses were these things that only happened to me. I didn't understand why we couldn't win. I just knew that we were down on our luck all the time. And good things didn't happen to us.

I started thinking the bad things were the norm and that's how it was supposed to be. Suffering through Monday mornings became part of my being.

It wasn't until we won the Super Bowl that I realized things could be different. And for the next nine years, I experienced Saints fandom inside the realm of what could be.

But after this game, and thinking back over all our season-ending losses, everything I used to feel as a 12-year old came rushing back. The hollowness in my stomach, the perpetual lump in my throat.

I started thinking, what if this is just a continuation of how it's always been (and SB 44 was the interlude). It makes me physically sick to think about how sad I used to be as a child when we lost. That's what keeping me up tonight: the full circle-ness of my fandom. I'm right back where I started and I don't even know how I got here.

For some reason, this game took me back to my childhood. And I how I would hide under my bed the Monday after the Saints lost because I didn't want to go to school and ride the bus past the Superdome.

No one in my family was that big on football, so Saints losses were these things that only happened to me. I didn't understand why we couldn't win. I just knew that we were down on our luck all the time. And good things didn't happen to us.

I started thinking the bad things were the norm and that's how it was supposed to be. Suffering through Monday mornings became part of my being.

It wasn't until we won the Super Bowl that I realized things could be different. And for the next nine years, I experienced Saints fandom inside the realm of what could be.

But after this game, and thinking back over all our season-ending losses, everything I used to feel as a 12-year old came rushing back. The hollowness in my stomach, the perpetual lump in my throat.

I started thinking, what if this is just a continuation of how it's always been (and SB 44 was the interlude). It makes me physically sick to think about how sad I used to be as a child when we lost. That's what keeping me up tonight: the full circle-ness of my fandom. I'm right back where I started and I don't even know how I got here.
Been there. Done that. You didn't mention what time you grew up in, but I first became a fan in the Archie Manning years. 8-8 was good year back then.

Its funny you know, as a Canadian kid, I grew up without the NFL, but I come from a family of entrepreneurs. I have lived through so many highs and lows and all the struggles in between, hell my Granny raised me because of all of it. When I finally started following the NFL, and started looking for me team, this was right after Katrina. Its like the city and team just reached out to me and pulled me in, nothing was more relatable and natural. In all the years since, as I have grown my business, I have often looked to this team for inspiration. The true feeling of never being out of a game, the ability to be poised. Ive lived and died in life and business with this team. I rallied all year with my dad that the Saints were the perfect example of our family and that the highs are worth the lows and that finally we can find a way if we are focused and positive. But I was right when I said that, because tonight brought me back to so many times growing up and falling just short. Even when you have worked every angle, done it all right, somehow once again, its taken from you and you have to start all over again. That's what hits home the most, cause time flys, your heros and leaders get old, the pressure increases because of it. It was truly horrible the way we went down today. I cant help but feel like im back with my granny trying to make things work. Back to square one, and this time, it really sucks

Who Dat. Last night I had insomnia and couldn't sleep through the night, waking up every 2-3 hours, just snoozing, because of the potential of the Saints winning the NFCCG later yesterday.

Now I have the same insomnia, but different circumstances tonight because of the devastating loss, at MBS no less. Still too emotional and disturbing mentally to sleep, but I should get over this by Monday Night.

If if wasn't for the stupid refs that changed and directed the outcome of the NFCCG against our Saints, and ruining Drew Brees and the Bensons, and even Mike Gleason's chance and opportunity to reach the Super Bowl for another year and season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom