Who else is lovin Heath Evans right now? (1 Viewer)

Count me in on the luv. An agile, pass-receiving FB is an unbelievable addition to this offense...plus he's a good lead blocker. Weapons abound for Drew.

I presume we can add Drew to the love list... :mwink: LOL

Two weeks ago, how many people other than diehard Saints fan would've said Evans made a great decision to leave the Patriots for the Saints? I betcha he's absolutely thrilled with his decision, as am I.

Dancing with the Stars is in his future....Thomas and Heath both making nice contributions....our off season was damn good...kudos to the Front Office as well.
The difference in the D is off the charts.

i have no idea what you said, because of that chick in your signature.

I doubt there's a FB in the league that is playing better. He is playing lights out.

I have been high on several players that this board was at first adamantly sure were a mistake. ONe of them was Heath Evans. Fans here were so sure we messed up by trading Karney, but the truth is, Karney is too bulky to do the sideline dance and stay inbounds. He is too slow to catch in the flat for a TD without completely blown coverage. He was just not explosive enough to fit our new offense. Props to him for what he did here, and I will always like Karney, but hes gone now and Evans is clearly a more complete fullback. Evans throws perfect blocks, makes great catches, and has a bit of speed on him for his size. He had an impressive highlight reel for New England and I knew we were scoring a great FB.

Props to Heath! he really opens up some holes.

The front office wasn't lying when they said Evans was a big-time upgrade! Heath runs, he catches, he lead blocks... he's a truly complete FB and seems to be a perfect fit with SP's offense.

By the way this dude has some FIRE!! He was going crazy after they reviewed the play and it was still a touchdown.

Our offseason acquisitions have been absolutely GOLDEN.

No way Mike Karney would of been able to score on those last two TD's by Heath Evans. For a big guy, he runs better and catches the ball better than Karney. He is certainly helping the running game IMHO.

I still can not believe we went into Lincoln Financial Field and put 48 point on the Eagles. We would of beat those guys with McNabb or without McNabb. It would of made no difference.:9:

Look, I liked Karney as much as the next person.. but that's two Touchdowns from Evans, where I just didn't think he was going to stay in bounds... and sure enough he did. As much as I liked Karney, I always felt he was not nearly as coordinated :hihi:

:gosaints:

Bring da Heat', baby!!!

Heat' Evans must be a tightrope walker in the off season. We got a running game as well as TD maker.

I knew immediatly what Payton was looking for when they signed him and cut Karney, I never questioned it, he is versatile can run, catch and block.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom